Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
a much needed update! i don't use it on my mobile device (seeing not much liked it) but i think i'll try it out now.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I hate the autoguide app because of ads so I'll try it

Sent from the sexy electrician

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Went to the website with my phone. Never asked to go mobile so I don't know.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Mine is still just the regular browser as well, never once had any mobile version of the site load on my phone....

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
this ^^ having the same problem.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I decreed that this must be fixed at once

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
gonna clear cache and stuff on the mobile chrome browser to see if it kicks.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

no dice.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Also im 100% sure we all have recent phones with Android 4.x and above

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I have iphone

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Doesn't work on my M8

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Well it kinda works, I can view the first post of this thread but can't reply from my HTC One M8, also I don't see any of the post after post #1

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
It kicked in for me now, looks snazzy, something to get use to, it's very fluid for me though thank you M8!. Coby I was able to post reply by pressing little + balloon at top right

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Can "updated" be named to "New Posts" it'll feel more uniform with the site

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
hmm.... working now, not too bad, will take some getting used to though... ill give it a chance

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It kicked in for me now, looks snazzy, something to get use to, it's very fluid for me though thank you M8!. Coby I was able to post reply by pressing little + balloon at top right
No go for me still

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Seems stupid. I'll keep using the app

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
It's definitely a cleaner look, but not necessarily a welcomed one. I've become so used to the standard layout that I could navigate practically blindfolded, as anything was a click or two away. Now it's not quite as simple. Will going through these multiple pages/menus eat up extra data? Even if not, it's still unnecessarily time consuming and unclear, at least to me.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I must be too use to feel comfortable with change lol, give it time and I'm sure you guys will get use to it

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well I'm back to the regular page now, that enhanced mobile page is so much slower at least on my phone

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I just use the app

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.