Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any specific upgrades for the tranny on a '10 LT?
I've heard of:
Fully synthetic tranny fluid
B&M shift + kit
And tranny mounts.
Anything else, and what is the benefit besides longevity of the tranny?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
not that I'm aware of. The mounts benefit more from reduced wheel hop than actually affecting the tranny itself though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rather than make a whole new thread about it, can anyone explain to me what exactly the B&M Shift Kit does? What are the gains and what are the potential negatives? I've never heard of it but it's something I am interested in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rather than make a whole new thread about it, can anyone explain to me what exactly the B&M Shift Kit does? What are the gains and what are the potential negatives? I've never heard of it but it's something I am interested in.
your transmission is electronically controlled, via a bunch of solenoids, etc etc. Not going to get into that much detail but the shit kit interprets the input signals and manipulates the output signals to cause the trans to increase the line pressure to firm up the shifts. But they arent necessarily the safest thing for the transmission. Jacking up the line pressure on an age trans or a trans that wasnt designed for that high of a line pressure can cause seal failures. For people looking to modify their auto setup for better shifting, rpm, shift times, etc, HPtuners is the only legitimate tuning program that allows full control over how the trans functions. I manipulate the shift firmness through "shift time" not through line pressure alone. Making it much safer, but not only that, alot less harsh on part throttle driving. Using the transmissions torque sensing ability's to control the commanded shift times based on how much input torque the tranny is seeing from how much throttle I am giving it.

As far as fluid goes, redline D6 works fine, but dexron 6 is already a fully synthetic fluid and theres nothing wrong with it really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.