Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just joined the site so I figured I should start a showoff thread. As of now there are no mods at all on my Cobalt. I am just getting started. Here is what I plan to do: 8000K HID headlights, K&N Cold Air Intake( Typhoon ), Shorty Antenna, Debadge trunk, Magnaflow or flowmaster exhaust, All around tinting( Legal ), 1 inch drop. As of today March 26,2010 I have the HID's on the way and the K&N intake on the way. Will most likely be picking up an MPX shorty in a week or so.

If anyone has suggestions or comments please let me know, I will most likely be switching things up as I go, so if you think that their is something better or you have experience with something please let me know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
where are the pics?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics will be up tomorrow or Sunday. Gotta work all day tomorrow. Basically look up 2005 Gold Sedan and that's it. I will get pics up though. Ya I live about 30 min from Stillwater. I used to play them in sports all the time.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Was looking around online today and I saw a bunch of people using the Eibach Sportline lowering kit. Thinking of getting them, not soon though maybe a month or 2. Says you can lower anywere from 1.5-2 inches. Is this a good idea or not to lower it 2 inches? I live in upstate NY where we get plenty of snow. Anyone live in a snowy area with a lowered car? If so how does it do?

---------- Post added 03-27-2010 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-26-2010 at 10:56 PM ----------

Also tomorrow I will HoPEFULLY be detrimming the exterior molding and debadging the trunk. Then hopefully painting the front bowtie, either gloss or flat black

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I took pictures today of my car, but when I went to take them off my Camera, I didn't have the right wire. Gotta go get it tomorrow. Ha.

Did some work today though. De-badged the trunk, and took the trim off the side doors.

·
Registered
821 Posts
New york.... so this cobalt is key'd and scratched all like crazy.... bird poop everywhere and it used to be yellow and has holes on top were the taxi sign used to be mounted?

LOL... just poking fun at 4am :p

Cant wait to see it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:nuts:Alright so I got some pictures of the Golden Chariot.... Did some modding the other day.

Debadging:

Before

After

Now for the Bowtie.

Before

After

Did some detrimming as well

That's before I buffed it out and got it all shiny again.

Here is a picture of the front Bowtie and the Engine.

Soon to be black Bowtie

Ya nothing special at all. Pretty dirty actually. Will have a K&N Cold air intake in it soon and some 8000K HID's

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the K&N intake the other day and installed it. Love it, gives my car a nice sound around 4000RPM. I will get some pictures up shortly. Didn't get the lights DDM tuning was having issue getting the lights so I cancelled my order.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i think your the first tan colored balt on this site
am i right? welcome
not to be mean, but when I went looking for a cobalt when they asked what color do you want, I said anything but rental car gold. lol

I just felt soooo old behind the wheel of it.

However, I am looking forward to what a modded one looks like. Good luck, and progress is good so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey I live in Rotterdam.

And I feel the same exact way. My friends always bust on me and tell me I'm driving a Grandma Gold car. But at the same time there driving 1996 Lumina's that are beat to Sh&*. Ha. Haven't been on here in a while been busy with school. I'm going to Wal Mart right now to get some paint for my front bow tie. Typhoon Intake is installed I will get pictures of it when I get back along with the bowtie.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
o word i go over to altamont ave all the time for food and sometimes stop at that dunkin donuts at night wit some buddies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.