Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had the car for 2 weeks now and the key will not allow for it to come out of the ignition. Any help or anyone have this problem? I tried to look for a release button, but could not find one. The key will allow for it to turn to start, but will not turn back. HELP Please! I have the parking brake engaged and decided to just put in first and allow for it to die out. I am taking it to Chevy with a not pretty face. They better fix it for free since I still have a warranty on it.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Should be one under that cover on the bottom of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, no white little button on mine. I see that its on a TSB from GM, so I will be the dissapointed/clueless customer tomorrow morning. I have seen this on other forums and 90% of them, the dealership replaced a new ignition cylinder solenoid at no cost. I have a warranty for this car still.

Here is where I found the TSB
2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Ignition Switch Technical Service Bulletins (TSB)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^bump I have owned this car for only 12 days and already not impressed by GM.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay fellas, GM HQ is offering a discount in my total cost of repairs, which came to $300, only an $85 discount. The dealership I got this from will have my bill laying on the Sales Manager's desk tomorrow with an angry customer, explaining NC's lemon laws and 30 day satisfaction warranty. Its illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle and not offer a minimum 30 day warranty for any vehicle. The 30 day warranty is to cover all vehicle's defaults during the title transfer process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.