Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a left strut bolt that goes on top! Where can I get one? I lost mine and had to compensate with some bolt from a hardware store. But now my strut makes noises as I go over bumps!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Go to the dealer.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah right so they can void my warranty for messing around with it and putting ss/tc springs on lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Like the big main nut or the little ones that hold it to the frame? And they wont void your warranty if you get the part number and go "I need this." And I drove on a loose nut after my first try to lower my car for a day lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The main nut. I checked on gmpartsonline.net and they don't list the bolt just the strut every part of the strut but the screws. I don't know how safe it is and don't want to take any chances leaving it that way yanno?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is that what it's called? I really need to know where I can get one. Only problem is unfortunately I have to rent a spring compressor and do it all over again. =/

EDIT: hey you know what I just googled teflon lock nut and that's exactly what it is! I really need 2 find 1 now! Where can I get one? lmao

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah right so they can void my warranty for messing around with it and putting ss/tc springs on lol
No dont ask them to fix it, just tell them you need this exact bolt. You dont have to show them your car.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't they be curious as to why I need a strut bolt?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You're a "Do it yourselfer" they wont care. You're paying them for something, that's all they see. lol My buddy's been going to Acura asking for parts all winter/spring (blown motor) and they don't give half a shit what hes doing.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
But whats the difference if they void you warranty now or later lol. your worried about bringing it to them and them voiding your warrany. Well what happens then time after this time you bring it to them? They will void the warranty then anyway.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
huh? for what??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
what you said before, your afraid about them voiding your warranty for having ss/tc springs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if u are buying a nut/bolt they arent going to be like "hmm hes go diffrent springs/shocks on it, lets notify the service department and void his warranty" the parts department dont give to S**ts if you are changing springs a sale is a sale the biggest thing you have to worry about with going to the dealer is the price LOL

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah the price is gonna kill you. you should expect like 22$ for a bolt. awhile back my dad bought a nut for his oldsmobile and it costed 16$ 15 years ago.( it was a special nut though, you couldnt get it at a hardware store.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.