Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So overtime I drive I need to have my iPhone charging because I use my phone way too much and people often wants to charge their devices while we commute and I got tired of it LOL a couple weeks ago I said ENOUGH and I added this USB ports by the ebrake so now they can just plug their USB cable there :notrust:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
220 Posts
I need to do this. Even though I can just plug in my ipod to my head unit to charge it, it would be nice to have a few extra ports to charge my phone and stuff.

I'll be looking foward to a how-to.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Even installing a couple for the backseat occupants might be a good idea. My daughters always have a bunch of friends in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
This is really cool,I would place it right behind the rear cup holders facing the people in the backseat

Sent from my PG86100

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I wonder if there's a way to permanently convert both of the sockets to USB. Every car accessory I have is USB anyway. I've seen the belkin micro usb units that sit nearly flush, but something permanent might be better.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if there's a way to permanently convert both of the sockets to USB. Every car accessory I have is USB anyway. I've seen the belkin micro usb units that sit nearly flush, but something permanent might be better.
I'm not sure I follow you here LOL

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I need to do this. Even though I can just plug in my ipod to my head unit to charge it, it would be nice to have a few extra ports to charge my phone and stuff.

I'll be looking foward to a how-to.

Yeah same here I charge my phone with my stereo but IS mainly for people that always want me to unplug my iPhone so they can charge their devices -_- !!! LOL

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

cool idea! now make a built in house style plug in (forgot the actual term)

You mean one of this?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
So where is your "How to"?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So where is your "How to"?
Will put it together by Monday busy week lol, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Saturday night out and today my niece birthday ....I didn't think my head and stomach can handle so much food and alcohol lol

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Sorry, what I meant was converting the power ports to USB ports. Right now I have to stick a USB adapter in for everything and it blocks my cup holder. Something like this might work really well, but I need to check out some reviews first. Next best thing to a different port.

Car Micro Charger 2.1 AMP | Car Chargers | Chargers | Mobile Accessories | Products | Belkin USA Site
Yeah I feel you!!...lemme get this "how-to" together on Monday you will be surprise how easy and useful is this Mod lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the idea,

i just ordered two usb panel mounts and a dual usb car charger which ill tap into to power both of them.

Going to install on the rear cup holder :D

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Tekila inspired me with this post. I just ordered 2 of these ports and I plan to install them to the right of the lighter adapter under the radio. These units are 12v input/5v output, so they just need to be wired to a fuse tap, as far as I can tell. By the looks of it, there's a nut on the back to secure it in the hole, as opposed to a flaring.

Edit: Here's the link to where I got them. It's a tad pricey, but the fact that it fits stock power outlet holes easily makes up for it.
http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/shop/160-usb-socket.html

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.