Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Rob. My fiance just bought a brand new 2010 Chevy Cobalt 1LT. We got the package that includes the bluetooth and the remote start and the nicer rims too. Metallic blue! Gorgeous car!!

Anyways. Has anyone used an external hard drive (probably formatted with FAT32), maybe 80GB in size to hook to this USB port to listen to all the music she has? I know that most of those USB external notebook drives that you put together with the enclosure requires 2 USB ports (one for power and one for data). I'm an expert when it comes to computers and whatnot along with modding cars to make them have computers built in. Is this a feasible option or would an 8 or 16GB flash drive be more productive for the MP3's?

I searched but couldn't find much :sad2:

Being that it is a new car, we don't wanna modify ANYTHING, just wanna use it stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if I'm to techy :(... isn't the point of the USB port in the front of the Cobalt to both charge iPods and to run MP3's through to the sound system?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Well I have a aftermarket headunit that has the USB port also but it doesnt charge the ipod. It just plays MP3 players. If that helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is all stock... Okay, I"ll figure it out. Just wanted some expert advice...

I myself drive a 300C SRT8 (425HP 6.1L HEMI V8 ), So I'm a horsepower junky :D... I like this little Cobalt though, it's a neat little car. She traded in her 2005 Dodge stratus SXT for this... Sticker was 20,000, she got it for 15,600... Not bad :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
This is all stock... Okay, I"ll figure it out. Just wanted some expert advice...

I myself drive a 300C SRT8 (425HP 6.1L HEMI V8 ), So I'm a horsepower junky :D... I like this little Cobalt though, it's a neat little car. She traded in her 2005 Dodge stratus SXT for this... Sticker was 20,000, she got it for 15,600... Not bad :)
UMMM pics of the 300!!!! Lol.

I think an 8gig or 16gig flashdrive is the best bet, idk about the external hard drive.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
You can plug a flash drive in and play music files like CD tracks with the radio's controls, but to properly play an iPod, you need to have GM's PAL system installed. It allows the iPod to play through the radio using the radio controls to change tracks and also charges the iPod with an iPod cord from the back of the radio. Cool feature!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.