Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trolling Craigslist for Cobalt parts to fit my daughter's 06 LS and ran across local guy parting-out an 07 w/68K. It was front-end damage, but still drives. He has the entire set of front & rear seats w/headrests priced @ $400. They look real decent w/no burns/rips/tears/etc.). My daughters are "riddled" with cigarette burns (all over, horrible) so it would be a nice interior mod.

Questions:

1. Is $400 worth it, or cheaper/better to re-upholster existing.
2. Will 07 seats (2-dr) fit 06 (2-dr)? (guessing yes).

Appreciate any member thought/suggestions/advice...thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks...they are gray and match my daughter's interior (exactly). What about the price...$400 for all seem fair?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
you could probably find a nice leather set for that price, there are two sets of black leather for sale on craigslist by me, a set out of an 06 ss for 400 bucks and a set out of a 2010 sedan heated and everything for 600... if its what you want go for it but you could probably get it for cheaper

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thks rrob...good to know as my daughter's pretty clumsy in the eating/drinking dept so leather interior would be best for her spillage over cloth...;)

I might go look at these and offer $300...we'll see. Haven't seen any leather seats locally and guessing ship cost would be horrible for out-of-state parts of this magnitude...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Not worth it at all.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
honestly, i wouldn't pay more than 250 for a set of cloth seats. you could possibly look into some seat covers though
MODA by Coverking Custom-Fit Seat Covers - Walmart.com
100 per row so 200 for front and back, plus they are custom fit so they don't look terrible like most seat covers
not the best pic but it gives you an idea

they are fairly easy to clean, except for a few stains that i got on the passenger side from a bottle of some cleaning chemical or another cracking and leaking on it..

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I love the SS/TC Recaros, but they're quite rare to come across and are much more than $400. My cloth LS seats are pretty dirty, and don't react to the one product I bought to clean them (Armour All brand spray). I don't smoke so there are no burns thankfully. The last owner leased the car with the ash tray so who knows what she was doing.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
There's a set of SS recaro seats for $300 pick up only on CSS right now. The SS/TC didn't have recaro seats though just GMPP.

I'd recommend getting leather seats for about that price. I paid $450 but that included a full interior conversion to black.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
http://www.cobalt ss.net/forums/parts-66/stock-2006-cobalt-ss-sc-parts-309357/#post7331005

·
Registered
589 Posts
I paid $400 for a complete set of heated, leather, non-SS seats. I wouldn't pay more than 200-250 for cloth. If you go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and look, you may be able to find something there. The benefit of that site, is you can select a search area within regions that are suitable driving distance to you. That'll save you on shipping cost. Good Luck!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome insight on my seat dilemma and looks like I have some great options to consider. Thanks to all for the assist and I'll definitely weigh the options/cost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ebay has some nice seats for around $200 (or the ones I see.) Keep in mind that the Cobalt and G5 seats can be used for the car so possibly broaden your search. And salvage yards sell them for cheap. The one nearest to me want $50 a piece and $75 for a bench.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
There is a set of IRL seats in Florida for $400 (maybe $300) but needs to be picked up and a set of SS/SC black/red in California (probably wrong place) for $275 (now I know that price is right. I'm just saying that's a complete rip off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.