Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..... Changed my Username from "GTO 1" to.... "423". Same ole' everything else!!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
dont forget to insert the sigs the right way!

Right click the picture
Save Picture as
Create a photobucket account if you dont already have one
upload to photobucket
Copy the "direct link"
click on "Your Profile" at the top of yourcobalt.com
click "Edit Signature"
click "Insert Image" (its a little picture of mountains with yellow background.)
Paste into the pop up
SAVE SIGNATURE!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK..(Lobalt & CoffinTramp!!) Sorry I haven't posted on this earlier, but have been busy here and Midnite shift on top of that... so have been keeping a low profile this week...

I have been using GTO 1 for years on all forums to keep it all the same and easier to remember. I wanted just GTO originally, but was taken. I have always been a Pontiac and especially a GTO fan from years ago. I became somewhat of a local authority on Pontiacs and the original GTO. Somewhat on the "new GTO" (2004-2006), but did not have the same interest as the original. My interest waned quite a bit when I bought a new 2006 GTO w/the LS2. What a DOG and a disappointment with major issues!! Nice interior, but not a thing, what the original GTO was or stood for. Sold it with 497 miles and it never saw rain. Another happy day in my life.
The GTO is gone and never returning (for obvious reasons) and is time to move on...and change with the times.

It was time to update the username and "423" was chosen.... (OK Chip, get to the point here...) As some have guessed, it is my Dept. issued badge number. In Virginia, uniformed Troopers get #501 up with ranking supervision getting below 499. As promotions are sought, a new badge and lower number is issued.
Pics show two of our issued badges. One is our "anniversary badge" which has the number on the face. I have never used this and is still sealed in the shipping bag! The other is our uniform badge that we use everyday. This has your rank outside at the top, but no number! Soooo.... they engrave the number on the BACK!! In this case, your badge number also serves as the badge serial number, for accountability purposes.
And there you have it.... the 423 story!! Now THAT's excitement at its BEST!!! LOL!

Special thanks to gCobalt05 for the great job on my updated sig! Awesome talent!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
OK..(Lobalt & CoffinTramp!!) Sorry I haven't posted on this earlier, but have been busy here and Midnite shift on top of that... so have been keeping a low profile this week...

I have been using GTO 1 for years on all forums to keep it all the same and easier to remember. I wanted just GTO originally, but was taken. I have always been a Pontiac and especially a GTO fan from years ago. I became somewhat of a local authority on Pontiacs and the original GTO. Somewhat on the "new GTO" (2004-2006), but did not have the same interest as the original. My interest waned quite a bit when I bought a new 2006 GTO w/the LS2. What a DOG and a disappointment with major issues!! Nice interior, but not a thing, what the original GTO was or stood for. Sold it with 497 miles and it never saw rain. Another happy day in my life.
The GTO is gone and never returning (for obvious reasons) and is time to move on...and change with the times.

It was time to update the username and "423" was chosen.... (OK Chip, get to the point here...) As some have guessed, it is my Dept. issued badge number. In Virginia, uniformed Troopers get #501 up with ranking supervision getting below 499. As promotions are sought, a new badge and lower number is issued.
Pics show two of our issued badges. One is our "anniversary badge" which has the number on the face. I have never used this and is still sealed in the shipping bag! The other is our uniform badge that we use everyday. This has your rank outside at the top, but no number! Soooo.... they engrave the number on the BACK!! In this case, your badge number also serves as the badge serial number, for accountability purposes.
And there you have it.... the 423 story!! Now THAT's excitement at its BEST!!! LOL!

Special thanks to gCobalt05 for the great job on my updated sig! Awesome talent!

Thanks man!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.