Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Really hope you youngins' don't mind the intrusion, I'm an old holdover from the wayback day...like when 10mpg wasn't nothin.(73 Cougar XR7 with a built 351C and a C6, which replaced the FMX)... told the ex, "Do it all BUT the camshaft.. I'll just end up killing myself with it..."
If I recall correctly, the rearend was a 3:25, until we replaced THAT with a 3:50, which gained me another 2mpg. And it didn't matter how ya drove, or what ya pulled. Either way, it pretty much rocked.
Anyway, I'm so enjoying my little 'Balt.
Tried Mazda3 along the test drive route, as well as Accent and Versa.
As I did the gubmint rebate thing, felt I should put my money where my American mouth is, and here I am.... As the mom of a Vet, I say "Good on Ya" to everyone here... he rides a Sporty these days.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to your cobalt.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to YC.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the YC Forums!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome mam
I see you said you're the mother of a vet, that's awesome I just got swore into the air force last week, I'm very excited.

plus it's cool to have someone here that really knows when the good times were, muscle car days :)

Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for the great welcome..
So happy to see how many of you are military, my thanks to all of you. My son was
82nd from 88-92.
Also great to see appreciation for the old muscle way.
And I do love my little car. Got the plain jane XFE, white. Figure I can take it up to what I want. Living here in "hell", had the windows tinted as dark as the law will allow about two weeks after I brought it home.
You guys have some really great looking cars. Some of the wheels I'm seeing are very much in line with what I want. And the paint jobs are giving me some more ideas. Thinking about orange rally stripes, but that may change.
Anyway, all of it is in the wish bucket for now.
Also, wondering about a cold air injection. Has anyone here done it?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thank you for the great welcome..
So happy to see how many of you are military, my thanks to all of you. My son was
82nd from 88-92.
Also great to see appreciation for the old muscle way.
And I do love my little car. Got the plain jane XFE, white. Figure I can take it up to what I want. Living here in "hell", had the windows tinted as dark as the law will allow about two weeks after I brought it home.
You guys have some really great looking cars. Some of the wheels I'm seeing are very much in line with what I want. And the paint jobs are giving me some more ideas. Thinking about orange rally stripes, but that may change.
Anyway, all of it is in the wish bucket for now.
Also, wondering about a cold air injection. Has anyone here done it?
Oh yeah we have the hook ups with mostly anything you want to do to your car.

speaking of muscle cars, I went and looked at a 79' Trans Am today, needs some work but that's the way I want it. I'm a little excited :)

orange rally stripes would look good with a white cobalt, Kinda like how the older Camaros came.

yeah a cold air intake is probably the easiest/cheapest mod you can do to your car, makes a difference in HP too :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.