Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this muffler from patriot exhaust systems??? I have seen it on JEGS.com for sell even, and done some reading on other forums about it. It looks like it might be something to help all of us that don't want our cars to be super loud all the time... here is the link, go check it out:

VaraFlow Tunable Muffler

·
Registered
446 Posts
That's pretty interesting, but for $362 its not worth it, I could buy a Tsudo cat-back for less, and still have money to spare. Although this could be ideal for someone who just wants a muffler and not a cat-back, if you think its worth the money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very expensive i find but its something that i would consider, living in Canada and wanting to use my balt in the winter, having a loud muffler is annoying so being able to tune it when ever you would like is an interesting feature.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know, I am kinda thinkin about gettin one. I get tired of fly-bys of civics that look and sound like crap wanting to race just cause they hear my exhaust. It would be nice to be able to just flip a switch and make the exhaust note quiet while just driving and then flip it again to go racing, and it would make talking on the phone a lot better for both me and who ever I am talking to!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would personally want to hear the exhaust. But I agree with other posts, too expensive for what you are getting. Go grab a Tsudo - they have a silencer that you can bolt on in about 3 seconds. Well not when driving though! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I don't know, I am kinda thinkin about gettin one. I get tired of fly-bys of civics that look and sound like crap wanting to race just cause they hear my exhaust. It would be nice to be able to just flip a switch and make the exhaust note quiet while just driving and then flip it again to go racing, and it would make talking on the phone a lot better for both me and who ever I am talking to!
IMO the whole key to not getting ricers wanting to race, is not having a N1 (coffee can) style muffler. Until i started doing a bunch of appearance mods, i never got people messing with me.

Cops are also more likely to pull over people with that style tip. I have a pretty stock looking exhaust tip, and I have never been pulled over for my exhaust! (even though its pretty damn loud!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See that's why I have been thinking about the varaflow cause I already have a full custom exhaust and don't like the canon style mufflers anyways. But I would like to be able to just flip a switch and go, not have to stop find the silencer and bolt it on or off. Plus it would be easier to just hit a switch while in your residential areas to keep from waking people up when you coming or going in the middle of the night! But anyways, I am the one that will be paying for it so as long as I like it that is the main thing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
IMO the whole key to not getting ricers wanting to race, is not having a N1 (coffee can) style muffler. Until i started doing a bunch of appearance mods, i never got people messing with me.

Cops are also more likely to pull over people with that style tip. I have a pretty stock looking exhaust tip, and I have never been pulled over for my exhaust! (even though its pretty damn loud!
here is my exhaust on youtube, video was taken at night so you really cant see the muffler, all you see is the 4" tip...

YouTube - 2007 Cobalt LS Exhaust

I don't have a canon style muffler, here is the muffler I have on my car...

10 Series Delta Force 2.50IN(C)/OUT(C) [325108] - $94.86 : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool and effective. But for the price, it doesn't seem reasonable to me.. plus, how long until that little baffle flap motor starts corroding and stops working.. I don't know.. something to think about.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool and effective. But for the price, it doesn't seem reasonable to me.. plus, how long until that little baffle flap motor starts corroding and stops working.. I don't know.. something to think about.
I never thought about that - good post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.