Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Various Parts for Sale

8K views 49 replies 6 participants last post by  rains_crusader 
#1 · (Edited)
Name: Jason (rains_crusader)
Contact Information: PM for payment info through PayPal.
Description of item/items: Reply in the thread for more info about any particular item(s)
Price - all prices posted do NOT include shipping. All parts are sold "as-is" please ask any questions you have prior to buying.

I have several parts sitting around. I need to start clearing this stuff out.

05-06 Leather and polyurethane steering wheels both with cruise and radio controls. The leather wheel has some wear in a few areas but still looks good. no rips or cuts or anything too gnarly. Poly wheel is in great shape. Airbag 05-06

Leather wrapped wheel - SOLD
Polyurethane Wheel - SOLD
Air bag - $80

Quarter window trim L+R - Gray Both are in good condition
$15 a piece or $25 for the pair

05-06 radios Silver and Black.
The silver faced radio is in great shape and works as it should. The lights have been changed to white LED's with blue silicone caps. The result is a light blue color or you could remove the caps and have white backlighting.
The black radio's backlighting doesnt work but the buttons are perfect and the faceplate is in good shape. This would be perfect for fixing your peeling radio buttons or changing from silver to black radio face by swapping your faceplate circuit board. I will ship you the entire radio or just the face. Shipping only the face would weigh less and probably cost less to ship.
Both radios are XM capable. I will unlock these radios prior to shipping for an additional fee of $20. All you'd need to do is plug them in and turn the key and your VIN will be learned. This would save you a trip to the dealership for programming.
Silver radio " option code U S 8 " - SOLD
Black radio " option code U N 0 " - SOLD
VIN clear/Programming now included with sale of radio(s)

Black console trim for automatics. I removed the charge port and installed a dual usb port. Cup holder, rubber insert and Quick connects are included.

Black Console Trim with USB port - $20

05-06 Cruise control switches. These switches worked fine when i swapped them out of my poly wheel. I think the lights are burnt out though. I will also include the steering wheel harness/horn brackets.

Switches/harness - $10

Drivers side gray leather seat cover. It has a few marks on it bit otherwise in great shape.

Seat cover - $25

Sedan rear seat bottom gray leather cover. This cover has 3 small cuts on it but otherwise is in great shape.

Rear seat bottom cover - $40

Horn works as it should - $5

iSimple Gateway harness for 05-06 I have an extra aux-input wired into this harness. Works as it should - $10

Rear view mirror is in good condition - $5

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Polly wheel is SOLD

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Saturn Aura,Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6 steering wheel switch bezels. These will not work in the Cobalt/G5. They are in great shape - $10

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

This is a Keyless entry module part "15835547". It is used for Buick Terraza 2005-2007, Chevrolet HHR 2006, Chevrolet Malibu 2004-2006, Chevrolet Uplander 2005-2007, Pontiac G6 2005-2006, Pontiac Montana 2005-2007.
I was trying to get factory remote start working in my 05 Cobalt. This receiver has the same connector style as the 05-06 Cobalt. So, I bought this and gave it a try since it recognizes the remotes with the start button. It does work in the 05-06 but you must use the remotes (22733524) that are pictured with it if you plan to use it in your 05-06 balt. I had been using these remotes with this RKE module until last weekend when I put my original unit back in and went back to my other remotes. These remotes are programmed to this module so, if you need a replacement module or remotes, you could buy both, swap them out and save a trip to the dealer. This set-up will NOT enable remote start. I will cut a deal if you buy all three pieces or I will separate.

The remotes are part# 22733524 They are used for Buick Allure and Lacrosse 2005-2009, Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 2007-2010, Chevrolet Malibu 2004-2012, Pontiac G6 2005-2010, Pontiac Grand Prix 2005-2008, Pontiac Solstice 2010

Remotes - SOLD
RKE Module - $30

I bought these from eBay. 2 empty cases and button pads - SOLD

This is an RCDLR/TPMS module part# 25974373. it works in Chevrolet Cobalt/Pontiac G5/G6/Solstice 2008-2010, Chevrolet HHR 2008-2011, Chevrolet Malibu 2008-2012
Its brand new - $40

#8 · (Edited)
Silver radio and black radio face are SOLD.

I can still do programming for radios. If you have recently bought a replacement for your car and need it programmed, I charge $25, you pay shipping both ways. I can also do keyless remote programming for the 05-06 Cobalts. Send me your RKE module and remotes, I'll program them and send it all back for $25. You pay shipping both ways. Keep in mind, some replacement/aftermarket remotes from eBay claim they will work but some of them do not. You're better off buying genuine GM for replacements (new or used).

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Ebony armrest, cup holder, arm rest bracket and bolts - $80 + shipping

This arm rest is in great shape. I bought it and held on to it when I was shopping for a TC-sedan. It's just been sitting in the garage.

#9 ·
Willing to make a plug and play connector for my 04 Redline to 07+ radio? Price?

#11 ·
I think it's the same as the SS/SC or balt 05-06 because it's a 6 disk changer, I'll have to get pictures at some point. I'll have it apart to install a Comp boost gauge and I'll get pictures.

#13 ·
#15 ·
That's fine if I could get one unlocked working on it that'd be amazing. No need to go aftermarket in my opinion.

#16 · (Edited)
Do you have a salvage yard near you? If so, it would be more cost effective to source the radio connectors from there. The 07+ harnesses I'm seeing, just from a quick search, are around $28. Then you'll need a harness for your stock connection. Those are around $10 if I remember correctly. If you plan on color changing the new radio LEDs, I'd suggest sticking with an 07-08 radio. The 9-10's changed to a different lighting scheme. They use only 5-6 right angle LEDs and a light pipe while the 7-8 radios use an LED for each button. The only downside to that is you can't get a stock radio that supports the USB function for those earlier years. From what I've read, the USB functionality is pretty limited though anyways. A few more questions. Do you have door chimes through your stereo or from your cluster? Do you have OnStar?

Anyways, pricing will depend on the cost of the harnesses. I'm figuring about 1.5 hours for the job. I pay myself $15/hr for this electrical work I've been doing. So the harness cost, labor and shipping. I'll try to give you a solid number when I get home. I can unlock a radio too. I charge $20 for that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
Ok, so I found the proper harnesses through a few sources.
04 Redline harness - $11.43
07+ Cobalt harness - $13.95
Labor and Materials (solder, heat shrink tubing, flux) $25.00

comes to $50.38

Lets just call it $50 + shipping cost.

If you send me the harnesses, just $25 + shipping

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Ive been doing some more research on your swap. I'm not sure its possible. The ion uses 2 wires relating to illumination. 1 for the actual backlighting and another for the parking lamps. apparently when the parking lamps are switched on, the parking lamp wire tells the head unit to dim according to illumination wire. In the cobalt, there is only one wire for illumination on the 07+ decks. also, I see an extra ground wire in the 04 ion that isn't present in the cobalt. I can't seem to find reliable pinout diagrams for the 04 Redline and the newer style ion radios. I dont know if maybe using a newer ion radio (as opposed to one from a cobalt) would have provisions for the 2 wire illumination/dimming functions or if the newer ion radios went to the 1 wire method. Maybe Coby7 could dig something up for you? I'm not sure how it would work. If it all powered up and worked, the radio may not dim at night with the rest of your gauges. I dont have any way to test it as I dont have an ion. I would hate for you to spend money on an adapter harness, radio and programming to have it not work.

#18 ·
Damn, well I almost always have them set at full bright at night. I was ready do do that deal too, I'd have a radio sent right to you to be programmed and pay for everything shipped. Thanks for finding all that information, I might still try it anyways.

#20 ·

#22 · (Edited)
That pin out was for an 04 Ion.

#24 ·
Thanks so much guys, I'd imagine if you did this once more people would be interested. I honestly didn't even know if you'd be able to make a plug and play harness. What are your final thoughts on it? If all good I'd try to get things going to swap.

#25 ·
2007 ION radios and amplifiers.

#26 ·
Thanks coby! You're the man. Andrew, let me look these over and see. Adapting the old to the new seems pretty unlikely. Also, I don't think I will be able to unlock an ion radio. The way I unlock cobalt radios is I plug them into my car and hook up the tech2. The tech 2 performs a vin check in the bcm. If I set up the radio in My cobalt, it most likely won't pass the vin check to let me into the next phase of actual programming to set it up. If i plug it in and select that the car is an ion, the vin check will also fail as my bcm isn't for an ion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.