Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
don't have them but really like them. the only downfall is i've heard there is a lot of adjusting needed to get your doors to line up right and shut properly. for that price you think they would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
id say no as well. just keep the lambo doors on the lambos. everything else looks really ugly with the IMO.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I personally like them for the functionality. Our doors are so big that they are always getting in the way when getting in and out of the car when parked next to other vehicles. They also sometimes hit curbs when you are parked on the side of the street.

I have thought about getting them, but the reason I haven't is GM did such a crappy job painting the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I actually like lambo doors, and will probably get them at some point in time. But, as of now there are plenty of other things on the "my cobalt wants this" list.

·
Registered
450 Posts
daman has a really good point the bottom of out doors really aren't painted very well. and they do have good functionality in cramped parking lots. but you have to think too our doors are big which means they are also heavier than others. possibly parts wearing out faster. i still like them tho.

·
Registered
328 Posts
id like to say something about lambo doors from a stuctural standpoint....

as someone said before theyre definatly not intended for daily use mainly just show,

one, to install them sometimes you have to trim your fenders etc...it is a pain in the neck to adjust them right so they dont hit your fenders or rockers...two, eventually, whether you like it or not the doors weight will catch up. the hinges are usually built pretty well but the weight of the door causes the hinge to "sag" which calls for constant adjusting and most likly damaged fenders and what not which is no good. basically what happens is when you swing your door open (before you lift it) your door will drop a little instead of swing straight out (i seen it happen my shop put some on a nissan 350Z the guy had us take them off after a month cause it was his doors kept messing his fenders up)

also... kinda silly but in order to lift the door up you have to open the door far enough to get out anyway so why lift it up when you can just step out like a normal door heh...

couple things though... first off its YOUR car do what YOU think you will like not what everyone else says is cool! also id say if you do decide to get lambo hinges one make sure you spend the money ! you get what you pay for!!!! a 500 dollar hinge is not nearly as good as a 1500 dollar hinge kit.... and also make sure you have it installed PROPERLY dont guess and dont wing it heh

good luck !

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats funny because lambos can open their doors normally or vert. there are a few kits that allow you to do the same thing you just have to find them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.