Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, first time post here. I've done some research on this but can't seem to pinpoint a problem with confidence so I'm looking for some Input from those a little more experienced than me. for the last 5 months now I've been getting 24 mpg however within the past couple of weeks it's dropped marginally over time down to just over 21mpg, a huge difference from the 34 i was getting ever since I've owned the car (7yrs). i drive 110 all highway miles daily commutimg to work so its really begining to add up and just this week I've noticed a stronger smell of gas.

i have a CEL giving the code clean fuel Injector system that popped up about 2 months ago. when i got the code i poured 2 full cans of seafoam in the gas tank and sprayed a full bottle into the throttle body while revving etc. it didn't seem to help and didn't clear the code. a month ago i found a same year parts car and pulled the 4 Injectors out and swapped them. I cleaned down where the injectors go and noticed they had been hot as a few looked slightly melted? the injector swap did nothing either. when I did the 1st automatic transmission swap 6 weeks ago i replaced the crankshaft position sensor (randomly gabe that code after install). I also couldn't figure out why it wouldn't crank after everything was back together and it turns out I had blown the 15amp injector fuse (dont know how). lastly maybe 6 months ago, jusssst before this issue started I replaced the accessory belt and tensioner, alternator, spark plugs and air filter

anyways at this point I'm at a loss as to what to do next to try and fix this mpg issue. cIogged cat converter maybe? Idk i tried to give as much info as I could hopefully it wasn't confusing. any and all help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Smell of gas should be a clue here...Sounds like you answered your own question.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No, I'm saying fix your leaky fuel line which is probably rusted through in front of the driver's side rear wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem in 2010 cobalt. Took it in a months ago to replace routers and pads and to fix the fuel leak which was right on the rear driver side well....well now for the last 2 weeks it reaks like gas again inside and out of my car. I think I need a new mechanic....

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Or the return line broke this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.