Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i drive at any speed there is a load humming noise gets louder speeding up and turning. so i went and got new tires thinking that was the prob. it wasn't still very loud. jacked the car up and checked the tires for wheel movement thinking it might be the bearings now play in them at all.. any body have any ideas..

2008 LS

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
a loud humming noise? how does your car feel? I wanna say your brake pads might be dragging on the rotor but im not sure, i'd have to listen to it myself...its funny cuz we just went over this in class about 2 weeks ago lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car feels fine. id say it sounds like a helicopter/humming type deal...how could i check the brake pads to see if they are dragging ...very loud...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
easy, look at your rotors, if you see any scoring on the surface of the rotors then you'll know theyre dragging.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To me it sounds like it could very well be your wheel bearings, if they are bad they will hum worse while cornering; my folks old Blazer went through alot of them. It could be a sticking brake caliper also, I thought my bearings were gone in my old Malibu and it turned out to be a caliper issue...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Not really, You can just have your rotors turned. And of course you'd have to get your pads adjusted correctly.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Summit White has a point. What was the condition of ur wheel bearings when u checked them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just changed my right front wheel bearing hub and that was the problem nice and quiet agian thanks agian everyone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.