Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, its time to tint my taillights. Do you know which is better to use VHT Nite - Shade or vinyl film? I like the vinyl film idea better just becouse its easy to remove ( police trouble ). What do you think guys?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
so, Where to buy the VHT spray from?
SOME places like Advance Auto and Oreilys have it. You gotta catch it at the right time though.

Or if that doesnt work, you could always order it off ebay like i did; since at the time, no one had it around here til AFTER I got it off ebay lol

10 bucks in stores, about 18 off ebay- thats including shipping

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I saw it on ebay but I cant weit 2 week to get it, so I was asking about what store cary the VHT nite shade spray. Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Nightshade without a doubt.

You can get it on-line much cheaper then in the stores. But i got mine from rayco for 20$.

And also nightshade is pretty easy to remove, i got it off with paper towels and rubbing alcohol, in about 5 mins the tails were all shining.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Everyone says nite shades I used tint film it's okay I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
We need a good pic of nite shades for comparison.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
a little bit off topic but nosfuratu your cobalt looks sick lol. i love the nightshade tails with the black body.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
lmao, thats not mine...sorry. i just googled it real quick for comparison purposes and cuz i couldnt get to my photobucket. this link goes to the pics of my tails

Pictures by nosfuratu9 - Photobucket

·
Registered
455 Posts
lol oh well. props to some random dude with a sick cobalt. i was wondering why you didnt have that one as your profile lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
yours look sick anyway lol

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i used the VHT stuff which i found at advance auto for like $13, i ended up spraying it wayyy too dark and you couldnt see my lights from more than 100 feet away with LED bulbs, ended up using an SOS pad and about 5 mins of scrubbing took it back to factory, then i ended up re-spraying them with 2 coats and they look perfect

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i used the VHT stuff which i found at advance auto for like $13, i ended up spraying it wayyy too dark and you couldnt see my lights from more than 100 feet away with LED bulbs, ended up using an SOS pad and about 5 mins of scrubbing took it back to factory, then i ended up re-spraying them with 2 coats and they look perfect
Exactly what I did! I like the lightly darkened look!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.