Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already painted the inside of my headlights and have no problems with leaking or anything else. Today I decided to tint my tail lights. They came out great for me. Now my headlights look too shiny compared to my tails just sitting there... lol

I guess my question is has anyone tinted their headlights with the VHT Nite Shade and if so do you have any pics I could please see?

I don't really are about local or state laws just appearance and how much light output there still is. Could I still drive at night. And I know about the covers but I want to use the last of the Vht I have.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Your headlights will look purple, and you wont be able to see at night. I had the smoked AVS covers on my car for a year and it was terrible trying to drive at night. I liked them but they wernt worth it especially since i live in the country and i felt unsafe.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
no.. just dont do it.. its not worth the risk of having the dimmer headlights + having to deal with the cherries n berries.. Ive seen it done before and it looks good if you like the blacked out look, but if you want that look id stick with covers (cuz there are many times when i want to be able to see decent at night!)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Ok there's a big difference from the covers and using VHT. If you lightly tint them it's fine. But don't black out. I used 30% vinyl tint on my headlights and it looked awesome. Still had good light output

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

The covers are completely blacked out

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah if you do a real light smoked look the light output should still be ok, but idk how that will look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.