Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you know our chrome headlamp reflectors in my opnion... look pretty lame with all that orange in them. Me and my cousin were messing with our cars one day ( he drives a 1st gen xb) and he clear cornered his headlamps. But the orange bulb completly took over and it looked the same. Now before all of you say buy some v led switch backs or chromium bulbs, this was just a test. But we had some extra vht lying around, so we took the bulb out, covered the base and applied it. After 2 weeks still no problems with the bulb and it looks awesome in the day. Black bulb that shines orange. Easy mod if you have a couple shots of vht left in your can. As far as I can tell our 3157 bulbs are standard filament with a glass housing. So all I did was paint the glass and it worked!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Upload to photo bucket, copy bottom link on pic, paste to reply, done.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Pics now. I'm guessing it's gonna peel sooner than later but you never are able to invent new ideas without trying stuff.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i have a feeling it will burn off and fade, but if not, its a cool idea.
you could always just get white bulbs as well. Looks better as a white turn indicator IMO.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You know VHT is a brand of paint and not a type of paint right. I assume you meant that you night shaded your front clear bulbs. We are still waiting for pictures daytime and nighttime "ON" and "OFF".

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have bought chrome amber bulbs for my ram, and the wife's town and country, since my Balt has the amber lens in the headlight, not much point in getting them for my car, but they look great in the headlights for the ram and van

It is just a silver bulb, that shines amber

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Still waiting with bulb and spray can in hand in case it works!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
It's super tough to copy and paste the image tag [IMG]?

Why not just buy stealth bulbs? They are cheaper than a can of VHT nightshades anyways...lol

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Still have night shade sitting around from my stock lights, thats why I am interested.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Hey guys, cut the guy some slack. He'll get the pics up when he can...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok after much delay. I apoligize. Pics are up!!!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

this is my buddies xb taken aobut 3 weeks after he vhted and clear cornered the bulb. And like i said. This mod is for those of us that have a few shots of vht lying around. Why spend the money on bulbs when u can use what will more than likely go to waste. Will be doing this to my balt over the weekend. Been really busy fixing my stereo lol.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Thanks, might be a "I'm bored and got nothing better to do" project some day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.