Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking into getting some fender stripes and just had a couple questions regarding the durability. I've heard of vinyl peeling off of people's cars who live up north due to salt, or something like that. However, I live in New Orleans, where we have the opposite problem; sheer unrelenting humidity. I was wondering, do any of you think I would have an issue with the vinyl peeling off? Also, will the vinyl stripes be susceptible to me washing my car? Has any one here had issues with vinyl in the past?

Also, looking at the balts on here that have the stripe, it looks like they were lined up perfectly. How do you line them up so well? I'm guessing a tape measure and a bubble level at the 45°?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You shouldn't have an issue especially if they are put on right. As far as washing your car you'll be fine.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Strip the wax first.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow. All the way up there? I could understand the humidity down here, seeing as how the gulf of mexico is in our back yards. Is there a how-to on the forum for applying vinyl fender stripes? I know it's probably a very straight forward procedure, but references never hurt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.