Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how many other Cobalt owners from here are volunteers and for what.

I'm Volunteer Vernon EMS in NJ.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I haven't done anything since I got home yet, but before I deployed I helped coach the Special Olympics in the area.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
no that one was for Voluteer firefighters and what not, I think this is more generalized, but I can't find the other thread anyway.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just curious to see how many other Cobalt owners from here are volunteers and for what.

I'm Volunteer Vernon EMS in NJ.
Vernon like mountain creek vernon ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Voluteer firefighter... south old bridge fire department...Engine 3

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
10 yrs in the army..yea yea I know it's not volunteering, but i've re-uped 3 times now so I guess it fits in here. but I do help out in community work when I hear about it tho

·
Registered
485 Posts
10 yrs in the army..yea yea I know it's not volunteering, but i've re-uped 3 times now so I guess it fits in here. but I do help out in community work when I hear about it tho
I'll be coming up on that time to reup in a year or so....If there's no bonus I'm out!

·
Registered
821 Posts
9 years army... It is voluntary so it's gotta count. Last year I volunteered for a muscular dystrophy camp which gives parents and care takers a week of relaxing while we gave the young n old stuff to do an took care of em.

as well as various mandatory charity donations for the CFC program.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
**** volunteering. i did it once for the company big brother big sister around christmas time. Me my dad and my sisters went.....

What we did was meet in a warehouse and seperate all this food and toys then we get assignments, like cards that say we gotta bring this stuff to this house. WE were assigned 3 houses. so we drove 1 hour east of our house to get this stuff then 45 minutes from that place to the town these 3 houses were in.

Now we were supposed to be delivering to "needy" families that couldnt afford anything. It was right around christmas time, we were bringing them toys too. Now this was about 7 years ago. The company JVC donated a whole bunch of VCR's to give to these families, and the families didnt know about it, so were like awsome there gonna be so happy!

My family was so excited to do this, we were saying everyones gonna be so happy when we show up.... Well the first house we get to is in a ****in Slum. (mastic beach, long island) So we pull up.... theres 2 BRAND NEW hondas in the driveway. So we go inside to bring them there food and toys and VCR's. Well we walk in the front door and what do we see? a big screen tv, maybe 60 inches..... with a DVD player on top (this was right whe dvd players came out), and 2 stacks of dvds on each side of the tv. And what is one of the sons doing? Playing playstation.....

Rght now im saying WTF, my family is taking the time to bring food to this "needy family" and theyve got 2 new cars, a dvd player, and a big screen tv. MY family never had a new car, ever. we had 1 tv in our whole house, and no dvd player. but for some reason these people are getting everything.

Next house, we pull up, brand new ford f-150 in the driveway.... we go inside and theres 2 boys sitting on the coach wearing sean john jump suits. and a girl wearing a DKNY shirt..... while i was in my payless shoes and 5$ t-shirt.

All in all it really pissed me off, all these families were getting all this shit for free, and no body in the house worked either, everyone was home. and they have more stuff then my family ever had. (Who work extreamly hard to just pay the bills)

That was the last time i volunteered or donated to any type of charity.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I don't see myself being able to do to charity work like that, I will curse them mother******s out if I see shit like that, no holding back over here... I do love volunteering for EMS though

·
Registered
248 Posts
yah my family never had a new car either...they just bought me the balt for 5k, my dads caddillac for 11k, and my moms cavilier for like 5k in all 22k for 3 cars. that means with two of each car equals 1 new chrysler 300 or sumthin. 3 of each car equals 1 range rover.

I think it is such a waist of money to get a new car because there are so many ways to prevent getting scams or "lemons" on used cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.