Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cold air intake or short ram intake? cold air adds more top speed but short ram adds more acceleration

cant deside

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cai! I love it

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Get both...Buy an Injen and you can go either way. Try it out as SRI for a while, then switch to CAI and try it. I did that and decided for me, CAI is the way to go. I love it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
my friend just bought a injen cai for is mazda 3. that car is definitely not the most most friendly vehicle. we had to take the damn bumper off! little off topic, but talk about the injen reminded me of what happened...yesterday, lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
well thats what the instructions say but with a little ingenuity you can work around that
haha, i dunno bout that. if we didnt take that bumper off, it would have been damn near impossible to fit our hands in the gap to take the resonator off. that thing was a pain in the ass to get off

·
Registered
116 Posts
cold air intake or short ram intake? cold air adds more top speed but short ram adds more acceleration

cant deside
CAI:

* generally more expensive
* harder to install
* gives you slightly more HP at higher RPMs
* you have the hydrolock problem to worry about
* and is overall not as loud as a SRI

It really depends on what you want. If you're going for noise and something to just have fun with and not have to worry about issues, just an install-and-go, get a SRI. If you really want to turn your car into something down the road without a TC or SC, and you have the money, get a CAI.

Regardless, I would purchase a non oiled filter from AEM so you don't throw CELs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Both brands are damn fine.

The CAI is tucked away in the fender. It'll be rare for water to find its way in there, much less in the quantity you'd need for hydrolock. If your worried, get the shield.

In SRI config the Injen sounds LOUD. but i started to hear the growl coming down from rpm's when i switched to the CAI config.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.