Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all im asking the community to help me out here. I want to get a different vehicle but i dont know what? somthing 200hp+ whit good potential and not rear wheel drive. somthing daily driveable. Im not really wanting another cobalt. Help me out! :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Evo... Can't go wrong there, that's what I did.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
So you polled us. From your options we said SS/TC and now you dont want one? Confused

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Evos have 270hp+ from the factory, are awd so no traction issues (unless you are making over 500whp), and you can have MAD fun in the snow with them. They are 4 doors so they are considered a sedan, not a sport (cheaper insurance), and are easy to mod and get a LOT of power out of them for very little money. Where is the downside to this? Actually the cost can be a downside. Most Evo 8's are running between $10-15k, and most Evo 9's are running $18-25k. The 9's are actually better than the 8's because they came with the MiVEC system which gives a better linear pull throughout the gear, they also have bigger turbos and magnesium turbo turbine wheels for faster spool. So bigger turbo and faster spool.... yeah that explains itself.

So all in all, get an evo lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife hates chevy so there goes the ss/tc idea that and 4 doors are very rare! I love evos just cant find one cheap under 100k.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If I had the cash EVO would be my #1 choice. I love that car, my neighbor has one across the street, so jealous it hurts. I would love to replace my Mitsubishi with an EVO. But not going to happen.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
evo + Highmilage reliable??
how are Subaru wrx's?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
They do seem fun. I race with a lot of them, pretty quick. I've also met some real douchers, groups and groups of douche WRX drivers. I'm sure thats not just specific to WRX I've just noticed it with them.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not you too?! Ugh, I might have to replan this trip to WI if I'm going to be around a bunch of STI lovers!!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sti > evo
Please tell me not you too.... oh well lol to each their own. And as the evo + high mileage and reliable, yes, they are reliable just as any car as long as you do the proper maintenance to it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mitsubishi seems like the one vehicle in the world that is literally just maintenance the entire time you own it. Where Subaru is ok but costs a fortune for maintenance and anything else and they are just plan expensive.

I don't know anything about evo's but I know Subaru costs to damn much

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My Mitsubishi Outlander was the best and most reliable vehicle I've ever owned (17), my next best I would have to say was my 62 Chevrolet.

Two guys at work had purchased Subarus without checking part prices. They loved their Subaru Impreza with the bad seats until repair time came along. That car's rear suspension was a nightmare to work on.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Plus it has to be the worst sounding engine there is.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Why only put 3 pistons in a 4 cylinder block???

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

4.73 liter Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 synthetic on sale this week in Canadian WalMarts for 24.88$. Unfortunately the filters aren't.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.