Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 Cobalt Sedan, Base model. So as you know, she is as plain as it comes. It is white in color. With the light interior. Now, I jsut stumbled across this site and seen some of the mods people have done to their balts. I am looking for idea's to sexy up the balt a lil more. Make it no so plain. Any idea's, opinions, anything? Budget wise, its a not a huge one. Im not looking for drastic big time changes. Just quick simple cost effective changes.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Paint interior trim pieces, tint the windows, paint underhood plastic, nice wheels and tires, sound deaden the trunk and front doors, and body kit when you can afford it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
debadge rear, black overlay for front badge(approx. 10 dollars), tint tails w/nightshade(14 dollars a can), and craigslist wheels(you can find them for as little as 100 dollars for a set of decent wheels)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes I love the black projector lights. That makes the balt look sexy, with combination of painting front bowtie, debadging rear and nightshading tails = amazing.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
All that was mentioned above is key. Keeping it simple and clean is key, and more ppl will be able to appreciate your ride. Start small, save some money, go with a nice drop and a decent set of 17's soon. Debadge, tints maybe, and there you have it. very sexy.

Although this wasn't quite enough for me. For some reason I felt the need (since my front bumper already had a hole in it and my mom side swiped my passenger door badly) to drop almost $2000 in the past few weeks on my balt at the body shop (not telling..pics to come :D)....and I had already lowered it with 17's and everything before then...so you can imagine how different it looks now :S

this shit becomes addictive FYI :p just warning you

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i know some of these have been said all ready but if i was you this is what i would do
paint the front chevy emblem black
Remove the rear emblems on the trunk
Paint the front grill gloss black
Nightshade the tail lights and side markers
Paint the headlight housing black
Paint the interior trim black
Get a ark shorty antenna
Remove the side moldings
Paint the brake calipers/rims
Make a Mesh grill

Then if you got the money i would get lowering springs for around 200$ which will make the car look much better and tints!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
where do i get the paint to do this. Do the emblems just come off? I know how to get the trim off, but what paint do i use to paint them? Also, how do i paint the middle white peice that holds the emblem? That being black would look sick.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just search around the site answers are there. But i used krylon fusion (for plastic). I painted my emblems, front grill, interior pieces, all with that paint and it worked great. Then use nightshade for the taillights and headlights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My mind is just coming up with crazy ideas now. What do you guys think of this. I paint the emblem in the front black, along with the middle white peice on the grill. 2 black racing stripes on the hood, the top and the trunk. And I install a black spoiler. ( mine doesn't have any spolier).

think this would be ok, or did I go over board?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i would do all that minus the stripes. I dont like racing stripes at all. Especially on a 4 door ecno box. sorry. Keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
where do i get the paint to do this. Do the emblems just come off? I know how to get the trim off, but what paint do i use to paint them? Also, how do i paint the middle white peice that holds the emblem? That being black would look sick.
Front Emblem has two screws attached to it that come off easily. To debadge the rear will take blowdryer/ heat gun, fishing line and some goo gone. Be patient. It might take a while, i know mine did lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
if you have ur license plate on the front bumper, move it to the right hand corner of the dash and bondo and paint the holes. Then drop it, tint it, blackout the tail lights and headlight housing. paint the calipers gold, paint the chevy symbol black and get an exhaust that tilts out to the side. then you'd be one freaking SICK 4 door.

you can do all the above -- minus the drop -- for about 180 bucks. the drop should cost you about 500 (koni yellow shocks and coilover sleeves). but the drop will make it go from "awesome" to "holy freaking crap sick as hell"

...oh yeah and get some black rims as cheap as you can. btw get some new tires, the ones that come from the factory are speed rated at 105 and are very very poor tires, if the car still has the original tires, you better be careful

·
Registered
34 Posts
Window tint- as dark as you can get away with
Debaged
White front bowtie
Ditch the hubcaps, fresh gloss black on the factory steelies and new chrome lugnuts (until funds permit alloys, preferably 17's)
Drop it but not too much
Maybe a nice sounding cat-back (Magnaflow?)

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
lol I used krylon fusion for everything...

THe thing to remember about helping your car bring it's sexy back is that it's the little details that make the difference. The first thing you should do is go check out the vehicle show off threads. Look at what everyones done to their cars so you can start getting ideas. Also check out the mods for less than 100 bux thread (someone already posted a link) Start getting an idea of what you want your finished product to be so you can have a plan of attack.

I know i'm kinda rambling but the idea is just to be organized. Get an idea of what you want before you just start painting stuff. Also, if you've never been into modding cars before, remember that this is EXTREMELY addicting...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.