1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 ls coupe
good name brands only...i dont care if its used but nothing over used

heres what im lookin for

*lowering springs...with a decent drop but nothing that would cause problems..dont want to spend over $150. and this is probably first buy

*an air intake, still debating about buying this soon unless the prices are low

*an exhaust or muffler..i dont want any unwanted attention...just louder than stock...and im not looking to spend alot of money..probably around 200 at the max (i know its not alot)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think for the exhaust (cat-back) you would benefit from the LSJ cat-back. It will most likely be a little louder, but since it's a factory piece, it's not going to be anywhere near as loud as an aftermarket. Since you have a manual, you may as well just get the LSJ DP as well. I'm not sure on the exhaust mani though as I thought I had heard people say 07 is the same (or very similar) in size from the L61 to the LSJ. That would be up to you to replace, but since those are usually the cheapest part of the exhaust to find, may as well.

I bought an LSJ cat-back locally for $45. I haven't installed it yet as I'm waiting to find a really good deal on a header and dp. I can't install the LSJ dp though since I'm running an auto...unless I modify it, that is.

Good luck finding what you want. I almost think I should say forget it and get rid of everything of mine, in which case you'd be covered. I got my LSJ cat-back for $45, Injen intake for $120 shipped (supposedly had 25k miles on it, but is in really great shape...CAI extension was never even used by original owner. And I have Sportlines that I bought for $200 shipped new. If I decided to get rid of it, I'd sell it all to you for about $300-350 shipped. I just don't want to go through the hassle since I just installed the intake a couple weeks ago and have had the springs for less than a year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright man...lemme know but i think im getting lowering springs tonight online but if you decide about the other things..hit me up on pm

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
alright man...lemme know but i think im getting lowering springs tonight online but if you decide about the other things..hit me up on pm
I paid 127 for a 2 inch drop in front and 2.5 drop in back. They are dropzone springs. I'm putting them on tomorrow.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you want good springs, go for sportlines... best springs IMO

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got ksports yesterday for only like 110...2" front and 2.5" back...few people said they were alright so i got em..and im going to midas for a custom exhaust soon

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Sportlines are great (I have them as stated above), but I don't agree they are the best. Sportlines look great (nice drop), but the Pro-kit handle better. They are stiffer.

I would also recommend H&R Sport or Race springs. They are just as good as Eibach. You might find them a little cheaper as well. And I don't remember which ones, but one of them will lower the car just a tad bit more than the Sportlines. I think it's the Race springs, but I might be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.