Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 09 Cobalt XFE, LS, etc, nothing special, pretty much base, well anyways, on the paperwork it was stated that any modifications to the radio, or addition of speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, etc, would void any and all applicable warranties on my new car. This car was bought brand new. I have never heard of such a thing. I think this is just from my dealer, that they must be tired of computers going, but is this a GM thing now, or is my dealer trying to prevent people from wiring things wrong. Id have to say this voids the Magnuson-Moss Act, but thats just me. Any insight, or preferably, written proof that explains this more in detail, or proves this wrong.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I have never heard of such a thing.. I'd say go talk to your dealer personally about this.. Maybe ask them if you can have one professionally installed..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did say I could have them install it, but there is no way I am going to go for that. I used to install them day in and day out, and I always use adapters, and proper grounding. I wanted to do an Pioneer AVIC touch screen GPS/DVD, but until I can be assured that they are just trying to cover themselves, I cant do it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That sounds ridiculous. I took my car in today to fix some little things that stopped working, like the temp. I changed out all my speakers and put in two 10'' subs, but the warranty was still fine. Thats got to be just a dealer thing.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I think it's a scam to try to scare you so you have them do installs and they make money on you and threaten with voiding if you don't have them do it.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
the dealer where I bought mine told me not to do a thing! Or it would void my warrantys!
I dunno my dealer loves how I made my car look, but I'm not looking to test the limits either yanno what I mean lol. That's why I don't get a real tune. I have no idea how they'd feel about shit like that, and don't wanna find out either lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.