Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, had my new deck put in and got some component speakers added to improve sound. Very much not a handy person so I got the deck at BestBuy and Speakers installed at FutureShop. The problem I'm having is water leaking in my passenger door when it rains. The dealership checked it out before my warranty (have extended but doesn't cover everything) died and said it was the speaker install and not covered. Anywho, FS tried to fix this a few weeks ago and even covered my dealer cost and unfortunately no success as had heavy rain yesterday and found a soaked floor again. Just wondering if there are any tips or if anybody's seen this in their Cobalt? Thinking of just shelling out the 200+ the dealership says it'll cost but would rather not if there's a better option. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
Remi

·
Registered
802 Posts
i know after i put my after market mirror's in i dint put like a seal pad back behind pull them off and there's supposd to be a peice of like foam behind chech that out there's a good possibility... and also sit in your car and have someone just spray down the passenger side and check all the window seal's and stuff too

·
Registered
344 Posts
there should be no reason this is ANYTHING to do with the speaker install unless they removed the weather stripping and didnt put it back, or they drilled holes in the outside of the door...other then that they shouldnt be related and it sounds like your dealer is giving you the run around.
that being said, if it was the install then future shop would be liable to fix it

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Sorry to threadjack! but..

My carpet is warping in the back seat on my driverside where the floor mat is. I'm assuming its because the cheep cardboard shit that they use under the carpet getting wet.

Anybody ever had this problem? Got a fix?

·
Registered
23 Posts
OBZ- I had that problem in my pick up. I have pulled the carpet up and replaced that plywood/cardboard crap with thin plywood (Cant think of the name). Then to prevent just lay down rubber floor mats. Those rubber floor mats ensure that moisture from people's feet will stay on the mats and not warp that cardboard. I imagine the carpet also stretches from wear and tear. Just my .02$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.