Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I use Meguiars Cleaner Wax. Always done good for me and my son uses it as well.

x2 ive tried pretty much everythig out their, and personally i like this the best.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
isn't cleaner wax prewax stuff? cause it's part of the 3 stage meigars system thats what I did. cleaner wax then polish then wax

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
well kind of.

cleaner was will take up water marks and other tought to get up dirt on your car that wasnt removed from washing. It will also leave it silky smooth and shiny. Not as smooth and not as shiny as a regular polish wax. But regular wax wont take up those water marks.

Really what you want to do when you wash your car is.

1) wash and dry
2) cleaner wax
3) wash and dry (with just water, just a quick wash to get the dust from the wax off)
4) clay bar
5) wash and dry
6) polish
7) wax

But for those of us that dont want to go that crazy will

1) wash dry
2) cleaner wax
3) wash dry.

·
Registered
673 Posts
x2 ive tried pretty much everythig out their, and personally i like this the best.
no you haven't. lol

Megs might be the best of the big store brands but Adam's, Zaino, Zymol, and some others are all head and shoulders above any of the store brands. Megs makes wax to a certain price point, the others make it to be great.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I like Megs NXT. When i just want to do a fast job i will use Turtle wax ICE

Ughh i hate that stuff. Ive used that before and it does **** for me. It makes the car smooth but doesnt take up anything. And its expensive too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no you haven't. lol

Megs might be the best of the big store brands but Adam's, Zaino, Zymol, and some others are all head and shoulders above any of the store brands. Megs makes wax to a certain price point, the others make it to be great.

So yes i havnt tried EVERY wax but most all of them. ive used everyone they sell in any autozone/autobarn, and some others, like turbotechwax.

Ive found that formula 113 (Formula 113 One Step Car Wax & Sealant, 16 oz # F113-1016 by Wax Daddy)
shines your car better then any others. This will probly be the best wax, but i dont use it, because one its expensive, and 2 its hard to get. My girlfriends father told me about it, he said thats the only wax he ever used on his cars, so i tried it out one day. It was good yeah but i still use megs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like Megs NXT. When i just want to do a fast job i will use Turtle wax ICE
I dont like the oil/greasy film it leaves..It does leave it shiny though!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.