Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this CAI? It sounds like it should be decent, but I wanted to know if anyone is using it and if its decent or not. Also, i was wondering if I should go with either this or the GM CAI. Any sugestions would be great!!!! thanks!!!

·
Banned
384 Posts
do you have a SS/SC because i dont think they make a cai for the ls or ss/na

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have the 2.4l engine... Only thing is atleast on this site, the weapon r air intake says it works on the 2.4

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah the weapon R is made for all different models of the cobalt. Just make sure you order the right one. I don't know how they run though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just go with a K&N air intake system,since they have it for all 3 cars and lifetime warranty

·
Banned
384 Posts
the weapon r for the 2.4 is a shitty make. going with the [email protected] if you want to go sri but if you want CAI i suggest either injen or aem.

the weapon r is poorly designed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The thing about air intakes is that it really doesn't matter which brand you get because you're only paying for the sticker/decal on the side of it, you can go to o'riley's or any other parts store and piece one together from their stuff and have an intake just as good as any name-brand one...

But here's what I can tell you about it. I've heard that it doesn't come with mounting brackets so you'll have to fabricate some way for it to not be wiggling around everywhere. Also, it uses a oiled filter. What most people that buy the Weapon R do is also purchase an AEM dryflow filter to put on it. Other than that it's six one way and a half dozen the other... There really is no reason to be concerned with which is better because they all have a straighter and wider pipe than stock and that's all that matters for intakes...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok sweet thanks. Just one more question sorry guys haha. But I live in PA so theres always water on the road, will I need to worry about the cold air intake with it being so low? Also, is there a difference between the wet and dry filters?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I didn't go with the CAI because of the goofy weather here,I don't want to go back and forth of changing from a regular crap intake to a CAI.That is why I went with K&N.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You know... I still don't understand how CAI's on our cars could possibly suck up water... There's a giant plate of plastic mounted directly beneath where the filter is, no water get through unless you're litterally driving in a puddle you should be shot for trying to drive through... I wouldn't worry about it... And if you do have problems I believe it converts to SRI doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The INJEN CAI is designed to function as a CAI and a SRI .. all you have to do is remove the lower tube piece that goes down into the bumper (behind the headlight) and put the cone on the short part in the motor bay and your set for the bad winter...cant see how you could go wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you order a cai from AEM, they usually come with a bipass valve. You install that between the two pipes. It's meant so that if you do happen to go through high water, you won't suckair into the intake. They run about 10 bucks or so at Autozone though.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
^^^ I have never heard of AEM throwing in a free by pass valve. And i have not been to autozone in a while but $10 for a bypass valve seems way too cheap considering the function they provide and the fact that most others are going for at least $50.00

·
Registered
575 Posts
Weapon R = ricer company

·
Registered
594 Posts
that is why they called it weapon r then to attract the ricers hahaha.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Weapon R = ricer company
I disagree with that statement. Hewever there products are not the best, they still make decant products such as there torque damper and this intake. Ricer products are autozone, pep boys specials in which no more than 30$ were spent on each mod.

I recently traded my WR intake to my friend for his K&N SRI because my WR was shaped a little differently and would work for his turbo application.
When i switched him neither of us could tell a differance except for a slight sound increse with the K&N

The WR SRI is a good intake with the exception of how its mounted down.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've heard poor reviews about their products and I see a lot of stickers on the ricers around the nati. But maybe they aren't that mad I'm not sure never had any experience with the company just from what I've heard they aren't that solid.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.