Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! Second post now! hehe....now that i know that my cobalt is a 2.2L (LT model)...i was thinking of an intake. Im going to pop the hood and see if i have SAI (hopefully not). from i've read, the SRI give more boost when u first accelerate(correct me if i am wrong). The the weapon r seems to give the most boost on hp than the K&N. Lastly, I am very picky about the sound...i don't want it too deep nor high. I know there's a whole thread of this but i just want to do some more research. :bigsmile:

The options i have came across are the K&N Typhoon (SRI) or the weapon R (SRI).

whats your opinion?

would this 2.4L one fit my car?
WEAPON-R SECRET AIR INTAKE 06 CHEVY COBALT 2.4L ECOTEC: eBay Motors (item 300403821401 end time Aug-02-10 16:50:46 PDT)[seems like a good deal since i can make it kinda of an CAI/SRI]

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
id go k&n, just because i have one, and it has a deep loud, and i mean loud growl at redline...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
btw this is what the K&N looks like installed and painted with high temp paint...

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Injen or bust.

Can be converted to Full CIA or short ram. And it sounds totally freakin awesome!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Weap.......I mean K&N lol. The Weapon R doesn't even have mounting brackets from what I've seen in online stores.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Injen ftw. Plus with the Injen you don't have to worry about over oiling your filter and screwing up your sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i went to check on the SAI and yey! i dont have it! i guess i have the older model so the sensor part wont be a problem (correct me if i am wrong,newbie here). read the ebay page, seems like it has alot more technology than K&N.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have an Injen CAI and I love it. I just dont like that it vibrates on the car sometimes. If you have it as a SRI how are you supporting it or just leaving the filter on the end with no bracket?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Injen or bust.

Can be converted to Full CIA or short ram. And it sounds totally freakin awesome!
What he said.....this has been covered 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thx guys i will some more extensive reasearch on the K&N and the injen intakes which seem to be the best. so no weapon R.(or ill be banned) lol

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

ok thx guys i will some more extensive reasearch on the K&N and the injen intakes which seem to be the best. so no weapon R.(or ill be banned) lol

Thread can now be closed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.