Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I did some work with the ss sc.

Ordered a zzp kit. The kit included:

-2.9" black pulley( because no cooling mods)
-Pulley adaptor hub with bolts
-Shorter belt
-1 step colder plugs NGK
-LSJ injector harness
-60lb siemens injectors

Im from NH, so down in MA I met up with some guys who work with balts. HP tuner too.
They installed everything and began to tune it.

HINT for anyone who is looking to upgrade an SS SC: Check to see if your heat exchanger pump is working!! They found that my pump is dead and my intake temps are crazy high, 160 F normal driving and 200 F after a hard pull. Its pretty common that these pumps arent functioning. About $100 fix plus some new coolant.

Some more intersting information. I noticed when i bought the SS a few weeks ago, it didnt quite act right. Seemed a little off. Turns out someone may have had a terrible tune on it already. Timing was strange, idle was set too low. Pulled the old plugs out and each was the same color. Red brick color deposits.

So its set now at a safe point until i replace the exchanger pump this week. Then were going for the complete tune this weekend. But now, the car feels completley different. Much better than before with whatever s*** tune it had. And the new parts are great too :smile1: 16-18psi, but im staying outta boost to try and keep the sc cool.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
opps sry for the late response guys, been soo busy, mostly with the car.

Well the brick red is possibly from additives. There was quite a bit of build up on the plugs.
So we got it HP tuned now, much better.
Plugs are cleaner now. BUT, i had not changed the oil that the dealership put in. There was oil buildup on the plugs after the overhaul! I suspected that the oil they put in was the correct 5w-30 mobile 1. Looks like they put in 5-20 conventional -_- causing the thin oil slightlyy sneak pass and foul the plugs.
So after a change of oil, plugs are clean from oil.

But yes, car is greatt now! pulled on an STI the other day in the city.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

today did a fuel filter, cleaned the air filter too.
^ major pain in the a** for the 2 plastic clip fuel lines though

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
assembly lube on the prong above the electrode?? on each plug haha id hope not.

What tool can be used for the 2 clip fuel lines? There is a tool i used for the single inlet on the other side of the filter. That came right off. But the otherside with the 2 was harder, i didnt see any tool available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.