Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving to work today and whenever i go over bumps my radio stations change so after giving up trying to make it work right i just put in a cd and it wouldnt even work, it would just go back in forth from track number one and track number too, it wouldnt play anything. i was at work by then so i just said screw it i didnt have time to look at it more.

on my way home from work i turned my left blinker on and it started blinking very fast, very very fast. so i turned on my right blinker and it worked as it should. i started just flipping different things to see what else was going to screw up but nothing else did.

does anyone know whats wrong with my car? its a 07, i bought it used about two years ago and its been nothing but junk. im about ready to just trade it in because i cant afford to keep on fixing something new every few months. i apologise for being kind of angry but enough is enough.

if someone could please help me out here it would be great.
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Fast blinker is a burnt bulb. Do you have redondant radio controls?

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Then your radio has a stuck button.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how would i go about fixing that? i really hope thats all that is wrong with it because that sounds like a easy fix. i tried just hitting the side of my consel with my hand and it was still changing stations and skipping. also, what size light are my blinker lights?
thanks

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

here is a little update. the radio, i cant get it to skip im not sure whats going on with it now but i guess if it dont skip then good enough lol

the blinkers, my driver side front blinks very fast and my driver side rear does dont blink at all. when i turn on my hazard lights my drivers side front works fine but my rear still dont work. right now i am in the process of checking the fuses.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
You have a burnt tail light bulb. The fast blinking is to warn you that you have a burnt bulb otherwise you would never know. It's a 3157 I believe in the sedan anyways.

Looks like your radio button got unstuck. Soda pop is a big culprit with these when you open a can and it goes piiissssstttt!!!! One drop in the wrong spot turns to syrup turns to glue practically.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i should of just looked at it and made one big update but here is another. the rear drivers side bulb was burnt out so i replaced it and all my blinkers work fine now, thats weird how it works but i think i can mark that off of my list.

my radio was messing up yesterday when my car heater was full blast and the inside of my car was kind of hot ( i work late hours and it was cold lol) anyway i thought maybe the heat was making something mess up so i let my car get a little warm but i didnt want to have to let it set for a hour to heat up all the way. i rattled all of my buttons around trying to make it mess up and still nothing.

i almost want to believe it will do it again, if it does is there anything i can do or try to see if it helps? i cant really trouble shoot it now since everything is working fine.

thanks for all the help! you are like a cobalt wizard! lol

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Glad you didn't trade it in because of a burnt bulb. lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know i was just frustraded lol i replaced the fuel pump 2 weeks ago on it and it cost $270 for just that. on a side note it still isnt starting 100% like it should, it acts like theres air in the line. but it runs fine, that will have to be good enough for now untill i get time to look at it.

thanks again!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My gp started funny for 5 years then finally wouldn't start. Turned out to be the crank sensor. Since then its started up like a new car

Sent from my HTC Desire using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i did but there was no codes and every mechanic I took it too said they couldnt tell til there was a no start condition. I own my own snap on scanner so I checked it religiously too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.