Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this just started tonight. My left headlight is out but if and only when i unlock my car with the remote it lights up. as soon as I open the door, turn them on or lock the car the left headlight is out. wtf? anyone have an idea or should I be taking my car to the dealer about this? I swear I should just trade in it already it just seems like its gonna be nothing but problems.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just the regular low beam that turns on when you unlock the car and when the auto lights turn on.

I swear if this car turns into a problem child I'm trading it in for a tC.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
what year is your car? iirc the 07+ cars use the high beams on dim as the DRL's, which would be what's lighting up when you unlock the car. Try replacing the bulb, should fix the issue.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just as it says in my sig, its a 2006. if it was the high beam then why would it be out when the auto lights turn on?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it just started tonight and its really cold out so I havent done anything yet. I'll check fuses but if I dont find a bad one I'll be calling the dealer. but if its a fuse I dont see why it would light up when I unlock it but yet its out when the auto lights turn on or when I turn them on manually.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
When the car flashes the lights when you unlock - it is the high beams. So when auto lights turn on, it goes out...try turning the high beams on...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the car flashes the lights when you unlock - it is the high beams. So when auto lights turn on, it goes out...try turning the high beams on...
High beams work. I'll just go to auto zone tomorrow and get new lows.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Cobalt headlights are dual-beam bulb. You'll be buying both, since highs and lows are in the same bulb.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah I bought a set of bulbs tonight at wal mart, I'll put em in tomorrow when I can see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
when i did my headlight upgrade i found that the harness connectors were bent back leaving a gap and thus the headlight on my drivers side did not function, mine is an 09 with 5000 miles on it so its possible the harnesses have a problem from manufacture where they are suseptable to this problem. hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.