Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well eveytime i put gas in the car, i go to start it and it stutters for a second and then dies. I have to crank it again for 3-4 seconds and it will finally come on. I thought it may be that i'm just running the tank too low before i put gas in it, so i put gas in when it was at 1/4 tank, did the same thing. It doesn't do this any other time, only after i put gas in...pretty weird if u ask me, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
When you turn your key to "on" without trying to start the engine can you hear your fuel pump run for 2-3 seconds? Next time try turning the key to on and let the fuel pump build pressure before cranking the engine. If it continues to take some cranking to start I would suspect a fuel pressure loss either through a broken injector, regulator or seal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i've done that forgot to mention it, i let the fuel pump run for a few seconds and it still does it

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fuel delivery problem. Especially if you have to wait to build pressure like that. If you have an extended crank issue, but then cycling the key allows it to start, this is a fuel pump issue. It needs replaced.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Take a look at your fuel filter ? I try to always let my fuel pump load before cranking it. I kinda like the noise it makes lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I have this issue extremely rarely but i do have it some times. But tis not after filling gas its just random the car cranks but doesnt start but when i give some gas in the process it sputters to life

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is the check engine light coming on when this happens? I had the same problem and it was related to the purge valve solenoid. If you are still under warrenty take it to the dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.