Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So hey what's up guys! I just recently got my car back from the shop. It needed a new clutch so they replaced it but I noticed now that at about 35-45 my cars starts a pulsing vibration and synched sound with it. Errrr shocks and struts +springs were replaced early this year. Has 4 spankin new tires. What could be the problem guys help I want to try and get this fixed on my own since the clutch replacement was a bit pricey.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Was it doing it before the clutch replacement?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it doing it before the clutch replacement?
Now that I think about it no not really. It was riding pretty smooth before. I didn't want to automatically assume it was something my mechanic might have done. I sorta wanted to seek out options cause he's a real good mechanic and I've been going to him for while for car fixes. But i think I'm just going to take it back to him and have him check it out.. maybe it is his fault -.- (sigh)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I didn't answer to this thread because you were'nt very specific. So rather than guess I kept my mouth shut. Before accusing your mechanic of any wrong doing, I would start by moving front wheel to back and back to front (Zero cost) and see if the vibration changes. Then you are one step closer to pin pointing the cause. Bent rims will do what you're saying even if they are well balanced, but usually the tire shop will point out to you that you have an unacceptable out of round rim.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

If your tires have rotation arrows, he might have inadvertently switched left to right because I assume he must have taken the front wheels off the give himself room and light to change the clutch.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Coby is onto something very simple and that very well can be the problem. Who installed your new clutch? Was the clutch kit specifically made for your car? The vibrations could be from multiple things, I personally believe it could be the detent springs on the clutch itself are rattling or whomever installed your clutch, did "not" set your clutch finger end gap correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.