Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to get a 05 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC lately and wanted to see if it was worth getting it?!? I currenty drive a 04 Lincoln LS V8 now and want something that can be modded a little more and it has to be a manual!! :bigsmile: The LS is quick, but not much you can do to it. It has custom tunes, short ram intake and thats it. But back to the balt, it has right around 40,000 miles on it. So is there anything I should look for, abuse wise? Also any upgrades that are gonna make the car standout right away after install custom tunes, etc?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Welcome to YC! How much are you getting the cobalt for? IMO one of the most noticeable/standout mods for the ss/sc is an intake. It just makes the whine of the supercharger SO much louder!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been looking to get a 05 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC lately and wanted to see if it was worth getting it?!? I currenty drive a 04 Lincoln LS V8 now and want something that can be modded a little more and it has to be a manual!! :bigsmile: The LS is quick, but not much you can do to it. It has custom tunes, short ram intake and thats it. But back to the balt, it has right around 40,000 miles on it. So is there anything I should look for, abuse wise? Also any upgrades that are gonna make the car standout right away after install custom tunes, etc?

Thanks!!
Man, I just bought an 03 Lincoln LS V8 with autostick, because I was about to sell the balt, just got a job so im keeping both:bigsmile:.The LS is quick but theres not that many mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I just bought an 03 Lincoln LS V8 with autostick, because I was about to sell the balt, just got a job so im keeping both:bigsmile:.The LS is quick but theres not that many mods.
Ya, that's one reason that I'm getting rid of it and the winter months suck with it too ha. Unless I want to drop at least $5,000 or so on a supercharger?!? Anyways the cobalt is at $13,000 now but I'm sure I could get it lower. But once I get rid of the LS than I'll have at leeast $2,000 waiting for mods towards the next car!! :bigsmile:

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Do it you won't regret it... and note once you start modding it won't stop... I just got my car and now the motor is going to be rebuilt and the stock supercharger gone... hello Harrop TVS.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
anyone know what the most hp/torq has been done to a balt for a DD?
That is a HORRIBLY broad question lol. Some have supercharged or turboed and are seeing 250+ whp Then there are fully bolted balts (like mine) My car runs great but i have not dyno'd yet. I have a dyno day on october 17th

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I forgot to say for a sc Balt. I just wanna know what to expect for power once I get
to moddin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
found a balt for about $10,500 it has 38,000 miles and its a 05 so I might be joining the club before too long!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.