Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a hot minute since I've been over this way hope all is well. This is whats been going on with me. More to come soon!! Stay tuned...

I will have the progress and final pictures once I start the build process for the enclosure, I will be doing a full fiberglass console through the hole car all the way back into the closure. Please stay tuned!! Here is what I have so far, the sub is in a pre fab ported box for now.
Headunit:Kenwood DDX712

Tweeters: Kenwood KFC-T207

Front speakers:Kenwood KFCX1710

Rear speakers: Kenwood KFCX1730

Amp: Kenwood KAC9105D

Subwoofer: 1 Kenwood KFC-XW1224D

Soon to come: Kenwood KAC8405 & Stinger SC201MB

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
A cap is not something that you HAVE to have but why not? It's a good idea to have one with subs. Not only does it make them perform better but it also saves some life on your electrical system on your car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i dont usually correct people on things but your wrong a cap is basicly worthless is any sub system. you are better off not buying it trust me if you want like 500 other people to tell you the same thing go look up a car audio forum.

now im sorry if i came off like a @ss hole i didn't mean to sound like that and i should have maid a recomendation for you. instead of the cap buy another battery. that will solve all of your electrical problems and be more effiecient then a cap.

edit* op if you want me to recomend you to someone who sells cheap really good batts for basicly the same price as that cap pm me

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
i dont usually correct people on things but your wrong a cap is basicly worthless is any sub system. you are better off not buying it trust me if you want like 500 other people to tell you the same thing go look up a car audio forum.

now im sorry if i came off like a @ss hole i didn't mean to sound like that and i should have maid a recomendation for you. instead of the cap buy another battery. that will solve all of your electrical problems and be more effiecient then a cap.

edit* op if you want me to recomend you to someone who sells cheap really good batts for basicly the same price as that cap pm me
^^that

·
Registered
232 Posts

So would this battery replace the stock one or be in addition to it?

·
Registered
787 Posts
You can either get an extra battery or a high performance battery. I myself have a 1 farad cap helpin out my 600 watt rms amp and my lights still dim pretty bad. It's better than before, but a battery is recommended If it's in your price range

·
Registered
59 Posts
actually to be technical to the guy who asked if he should replace it or add one...

you should add one and replace the stock one to get best results if running a big amp but for the original poster what he is running would only need to add a secondary batt

edit*deep cycle battery ftw!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.