Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am currently at work and 2 cops came in and i decided to ask if neon underbody kits are legal in the state of Texas and they said " nope" you cant have any vehicle aluminated. Damn it well there goes my christmas gift!!! anybody live in texas and know if this is 100% true?? cop seemed like he had a long day and might have been a jerk about it

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
the cop is retarted, yes you can have them just that the tube cant be visible, but then again whether its legal or not some cops will be ****s about it and pull you over anyways ive been a victim trust me :/

·
Registered
867 Posts
i am currently at work and 2 cops came in and i decided to ask if neon underbody kits are legal in the state of Texas and they said " nope" you cant have any vehicle aluminated. Damn it well there goes my christmas gift!!! anybody live in texas and know if this is 100% true?? cop seemed like he had a long day and might have been a jerk about it
That's the same here in PA also.
You can have them but the vehicle can not be driven on the road with them.

As long as the car is parked or on private property your ok.
the cop is retarted, yes you can have them just that the tube cant be visible, but then again whether its legal or not some cops will be ****s about it and pull you over anyways ive been a victim trust me :/
ive heard underglow are illegal in tx over and over again,
i live here btw
if your parked, or on a private area, your fine, they can only be on for "off road use only", if your caught driving with it on, depending on the cop you could get stopped and be issued a ticket

just saying
and if you think, you really really must have them on, just wire them up to a separate switch so you can turn them on and off with out them turning on with the head n tail lights

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i have heard so many different things. well you think i should get them anyways as a gift?? its not like im paying anything for them. and have a switch to turn em on and off ??

btw what is the "local cruise night" just curious

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.