Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol i find this whole thing strange and weird aha,

anyways, i just got my license were i can drive alone, so i got some insurance for myself, and i went to register my cobalt, and the girl at the desk says "we cant give you temporary plates until you get the car a safety, and once you get that bring back the papers and you can drive it for now to get the etest, then bring that paper back and whatever."

so what puzzles me is, how am i suppose to get my cobalt to a safety place without plates LOL :laugh:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't know, but assume it's the same in Canada as USA...you can "legally" drive without plates for a short period (normally 30-days) which allows owner to gather/complete required pre-registration requirements. If you bought from vehicle sales lot there's a temp registration placed on front/rear windows. If it was a private sale, you should sign a sales agreement (can be simple piece of paper w/VIN, date and seller/buyer signatures).

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What they mean by is temp tags..its a form of paper you keep in the glove box for when a police officer pulls you over for expired tags. It shows proof to them that you are legal temporarily to drive the vehicle with exp tags cause of vehicle issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.