Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a silver '06 LT sedan with 21,600 miles. She came near fully-loaded and got her for a steal. My '94 Grand Prix crapped out on me and I lucked out that my neighbor was selling his.

Got her in the garage, changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, and checked everything else -- so far appears to have been delivered in good health. The center cap on one of the wheels is missing, so it's getting pretty annoying every time I look at it (considering I see that side of the car when it's parked in the driveway).

She seems to have the same problem as a lot of 'Balts -- some front-end rattling over slow bumps. Regardless, I'm seeing at least 36mpg on the freeway and I'm getting at least 20-50% better fuel economy over the Grand Prix (same HP and Torque, larger engine, two more cylinders, larger vehicle). I'd die to get one of the new ZF 9-speed tranny's in this one. Haha.

I haven't gotten to taking pics yet because I've only had her for a week, she's 100% stock so far, and I haven't gotten to waxing yet. Still need to find some way to hook up my mp3 player to the stereo, though... I know there are mods out there, I'm just not sure how much I want to spend on it.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Welcome to the site! Also from Michigan - but Metro Detroit, here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there and welcome! I'm new too and just joined yesterday. From what I understand the ipod hookups didn't become stock until 07. A friend of mine who has an 06 just replaced the stereo in his Cobalt to get the usb port hookup. Other than that, I'm not sure how to do it... I know you can get usb port adapters for charging your phone and ipod but do they make adapters for playing the darn thing??? LOL

Anyway... best of luck with the new car!! Have fun!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys! I'm waiting for some extra money to even think about upgrading anything. I'm just enjoying the 32+ mpg so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.