Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the blogs and they all refer to the passenger side getting wet. My driver side gets soaked but nowhere else. Any ideas? Is there a drain on that side as well?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You might have a leaking windshield. Did you ever get it replaced?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
FDcobalt,
I'm sorry to hear about the possible leak you've got on your Cobalt. If you had been planning on working with a GM dealership to get this checked into, please let me know! I am available to assist as much as I can in the process.
Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you've had the speakers replaced then its probably coming in through there. Water goes along the bottom of the window and in behind the mirror then is supposed to flow out the bottom of the door. If the speakers have been changed then most of the time theres a gap at the bottom of the speaker and the water will follow the speaker to the lowest point, which of course is inside the door panel. Then it leaks into the cabin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks money_man I will pull the door panel and check for rust. Its been doing it for a couple years so their is bound to be some.

Re:ChevyCustSvc, thanks for the offer, I typically take my car in to GM dealerships for all service issues. I did take it in prior to posting on here and they could not find the issue.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I only found a couple drops behind the panel when I pushed on it by the speaker. But since ive been parking facing uphill in heavy rain I've had no more problems

Sent from my HTC Desire using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my 08 cobalt on 10/19 and after it rained my driver side floor board was soaked the water was coming under the dash where the hood release is, any idea how the water is getting into the car? Also im sorry for using this thread new to the site and forums in general, couldn't figure out how to start my own.

·
Registered
675 Posts
as far as the water im not too sure, however for posting new threads its pretty east. when you click on whatever forum "category" (i.e engine mods, owners lounge etc.) theres a little button in the upper and lower left corners saying "new thread". click that and youre golden :) just make sure you do your research before you post stuff.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Jake55,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new Cobalt! We're sorry to hear that you already are experiencing some leaking concerns; if you decide to work with a dealership on getting this looked into let me know as I'm available to assist in the process.

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
27 Posts
figured out mine was leaking form the top of the windsheild and dripping down had it replaced and now no more problems

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.