Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a couple of days ago that the carpet on the passenger side was a little wet on the top.
It was wet in front of the seat and a little on the floor mat and also along the trim strip under the door.
I checked under the carpet front and back and that was bone dry.
I can't find any place that it may have came in.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I got this problem too...water leaks thru my roof and thru my ceiling close to the passenger door. It leaks in pours down the side pillar and down to the floor, even gets inside the glove compartment. I took it to the dealer and the said I just didn't have my door closed all the way...I said noooo, its leaking thru somewhere, they aid I just need to make sure I close my door. I swear the chevy dealers here are a bunch of douche bags...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got this problem too...water leaks thru my roof and thru my ceiling close to the passenger door. It leaks in pours down the side pillar and down to the floor, even gets inside the glove compartment. I took it to the dealer and the said I just didn't have my door closed all the way...I said noooo, its leaking thru somewhere, they aid I just need to make sure I close my door. I swear the chevy dealers here are a bunch of douche bags...
I seen that you have a sunroof. It may your drain tube for your sunroof is clogged on the passenger side.

In my case I don't have a sun roof. So i know it wasn't that got it wet that time.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Hmm...drain for the sunroof? I'll have to lok at this...

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Hmm...drain for the sunroof? I'll have to look at this...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked the car after the heavy rain that we just got. It's a little wet at the bottom of the door panel.
Most likely coming from my speakers not having any baffle on the top of to deflect the water.
Before i've put plastic on the top half of the opening to keep the speakers dry. I didn't do that this time.
So the little water that gets on the top of speaker is following the speaker to the inside of the door.
So i'll fix that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The speaker was the cause of the wet carpet.
I took the speaker out and had to dump the water out of the back. Luckly the woofers are not paper like the stockers. The ones i have can be used in boats also so they had handle getting wet.
But now i have plastic in the openig to deflect the water.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you use the stock brackets (Yes, I know that they're one piece on the non Pioneer system.. just use a dremel to cut the old speaker out), then it won't leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.