Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the past two days my fuel gauge has been acting up. I just filled up on Friday, and Saturday I go to the Doc's cause I'm sick, and it was reading 3/4 tank but only 9 miles on the trip (I reset the trip every time to keep track of my fuel mileage). Today I start it up to pick up my meds and it was reading below 3/4 tank. I get to the Publix, get back out to the car, fire it up and its back at full...

What could this be? Could I be needing a battery already or is it the Fuel Gauge itself?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
same thing is happening to me. i'll fill my tank alllll the way up till the pump wont let me fill anymore and then the gauge says its at 3/4thish. its the sending unit, got a price quote for mine to get fixed and its about $300 or so i think. not 100% sure

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
^ hmm, wonder that too. I usually never keep going much after the pump stops. You do not get much more gas compared to the money you shell out to "top off." I would look at seeing if its a warranty thing and if not, see about getting one yourself and just drop your tank when you are close to empty and do it yourself. Not sure how much of a pain it would be on the balt but I did it on my 88 z24.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump...

Got a date with the service department tomorrow at 1pm. Apparently I should have let them know a little sooner, but they service mngr will take care of my mileage thing and make it free to me. since I'm just over the 12k mileage warranty on the replaced recalled part... cause even though the sending unit is part of the fuel module, it is not on the powertrain warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.