Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I recently just bought a 2006 cobalt SS!

however I’m now having a problem... long story short there was a leak that allowed a LOT of water into the Trunk, I’ve fixed that problem... however the water got deep enough to to totally trash the battery to the point it leaked 🤪

now on my positive Terminal there is of course the main wire, then there’s a small gauge red wire that was directly on top of the positive wire... forgive me if I sound like an idiot!

what is this red wire for?

also that wire runs to basically what appears to be a clip of some sort?? What is that clip for??

bought a brand new battery put it In without that red wire being replaced, I had lights on the Dash and everything but nada when I turned the switch, is this red wire the starter wire?? Again forgive me but this is my first ever cobalt, also my first car ever where the battery is in the trunk.... but alas I need to know what that black clip is! Will it be an easy fix? Or am I looking at several hundred bucks at the Chevy dealership? I’ll include a pic of the clip I’m talking about! Any help is greatly appreciated!! Now I’m not talking about the clip with the fuse lol that’s obvious, but that other black clip part?? What the hell is it? What’s it called?
01920F0F-848D-4AC6-83EF-8D83351258FE.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe you have some corrosion remove the fuse and re-insert a couple of times disconnect the other clip which is a electrical connector a couple of times and look for corrosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts