Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory passenger headlight leaked pretty bad. Instead of risking taking it apart and resealing it. I bought a new set of headlights from Ebay.

I thought I had this problem fixed but I noticed today. The brand new passenger side headlight has a small amount of condensation built up in it. Not enough to fog the headlight up but enough to cover the lense.

Did i buy a faulty set of headlights or did i do something wrong?

Keep in mind, I bought them from a top rated seller, Brand new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did use the old harness that was connected to my hids. I didnt think about the harness leaking.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It is not sealed tight. Maybe your headlight never got hot enough to vent itself out. Even a new headlight can fog up but it should clear itself after a short time being on through the vent hole as water vaporizes unless this one is plugged.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I got a new set from ebay too.

Mine never have fogged, even using old harness, its fine as they come with the bulbs and the electrical connector is not near the area of the bulb.

You may have gotten a defective/not completely sealed lamp.

It will be more trouble than its worth to send it back for a replacement, I would attempt to find the leak, a nice new seal with silicone over existing seals should suffice.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Scratch that, my driver side head light it taking on some water and fogging up. Belive it or not, it literally started happening the same day I posted my reply before this one, about 30 minutes with the high beam and signal on, it never completely gets rid of the fog, but most of it.

I will be on the same project as you now, I will start by getting some clear silicone, I have a silicone gun so it should be no problem, there is a vent for out-letting the water, so sealing up the lights then running your high beams a lot should get rid of the fog inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheres the vent at for out letting the water my driver side is fogging up and i wanna make sure that its not sealed over because i got aftermarket ebay lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.