Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what everyone's audio set-up is.

Mine:
08' Cobalt LS coupe
Pioneer Avic-D3 headunit
Alpine F-250 4ch. bridged 100watts rms 2ch.'s running a pair of
Alpine Ref Type-X 6.5's in doors, no rear fill
Directed D-600 mono amp 300watts rms at 2ohm's running
a sealed Alpine Type-s 10" and with the push of a button it switches over to another Alpine Type-s 10" in a tuned ported box.
I used a latching relay with a momentary button to switch between the boxes. My sealed box is .73cu.ft. flushed into the drivers side trunk. My ported box is just there to show customers a difference. I built it to Alpine specs. So its 1.2cu. ft. gross internal tuned at 33hz.

I will post some pics of the enclosures I've been building. I can do what ever custom you have on your mind. And I can ship enclosures also.

Jesse

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pioneer DEH-6900ub H/U
6x9 speakers all the way around....yes on the front doors too
2 12" rockford fosgate P1s
1000 and 400wt keenwood amps
tsunami multi amp wiring kit.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Panasonic headunit with built-in adjustable EQ
JL Audio ZR series 6 1/2" components
JL Audio 300/4 amp
JL Audio 1000/1 amp
2 JL Audio 12" W6V2's
BATCAP 800 second battery
All JL Audio wires
Fiberglass enclosure

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alpha_Male1
Do you have any pics of your front door panels with the 6x9's i them. I am debating glassing in some 8" mids.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Alpine CD-9885

2- 5 1/4 Alpine Type S Fronts

2- 6x9 Alpine Type S Rears

2- Kicker L5 12" Subs

2- Kicker 400.1 KX Apms

·
Registered
257 Posts
Alpha_Male1
Do you have any pics of your front door panels with the 6x9's i them. I am debating glassing in some 8" mids.
not really a great pic but they're there...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
a honda(lets face it, not to flame, but acoustically, my two little 6" round kenwoods fit that car perfectly fine, and i am throwing around whether or not i should throw the blue JB 10" in there, lol)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Blaupunkt head and soon 5.5 in blaupunkt speakers i just hope the brackets fit right. Bazooka tube. not too much
haha, finally blew out the cobalt's 10" pioneer, in the Honda, of all cars, lol

when your sub goes to hit, and you see it puffing blue smoke, that's not from cigarettes, lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

when your sub goes to hit, and you see it puffing blue smoke, that's not from cigarettes, lol
ah yessss the mysterious blue electronic smoke generally followed by the smell of ozone.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ah yessss the mysterious blue electronic smoke generally followed by the smell of ozone.
and then the typical "why is it not working?"

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run 2 10" Solo Xs, an Earthquake PHD10000, and an Alpine CDA-9855. Threw my box together for Spring Break Nationals. Did 143. My next box will be louder and nicer... :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I run 2 10" Solo Xs, an Earthquake PHD10000, and an Alpine CDA-9855. Threw my box together for Spring Break Nationals. Did 143. My next box will be louder and nicer... :)

:eek: holly crap batman...thats a lot of base. Hows the sound quality?

·
Registered
17 Posts
SQ is OK. Built the box in a day so I didn't miss SBN. My voltage drops pretty bad so I need a better battery when I build my new box. I plan to mess with this box a little more. These subs actually are louder in small ported enclosures. I plan to add another 6" aeroport and resin the inside. I'm also going to replace the blankets with trim panels :) . These SPAIRs are pretty well worn out (notice the duct tape surround) so I'm sure new SPAIRs will help out a decent amount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vizzo, no offense, but 143 is kinda low for what you're running. Is the box built to spec? And what kind of port setup are you using? Just curious....
143 isn't too bad for no tuning or testing. Box is built slightly larger than several other competitors told me the Solo Xs would perform well in. My port is a 6" Aeroport as of now. Still have a lot of testing to do. I had a Grand Am before this with 2 10" L7s, same amp, and that could consistantly do 145. I even pulled a 143 @ 38hz with a pair of 10" Alpine Type Rs. Spent several months on that car and box so I know I have a lot of work to do, but I love it and know that it won't be too long before I am close to 150 on my Termlab. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eclipse CD5000 Head Unit
Kicker 6 1/2's in the front
Kicker 6 x 9's in the back
MTX 4-channel
Memphis prd1000.1
2 12" Kicker L7's in seperate ported boxes

I don't have any numbers but I can sure shake some walls when I pass by :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Sound system update, honda now has a Jensen XC10 in it, run by only one 400w amp, sad, i know.:cool:

The cobalt is getting a new rockford fosgate amp, to push the 2-10" in it. havent decided what size, may look @ the factory pioneer first, if i can find it:confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.