Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what brand of gas everyone uses and what do you think is best? I use Sunoco. i seem to get a little better mileage with it

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sunoco because they carry the highest octane in the country - 94.

My car gets a slight bit of knock on 91, so I try and run 94 as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Use Kroger(grocery store) mid grade, since I get 10 cents off per gallon with the Kroger loyalty card. If traveling, I use either Love's or Pilot truck stops.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Remember one thing about gas or any other product. Unless you see the name on the actual container, ie the fuel truck, it is all the same gas anyway. Follow a truck and the same truck will deliver to many different stores.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
mobil or sunnoco
for every 50 dollars i spend at my local price chopper (grocery store) i get 10 cents off 20 gallons of gas at sunnoco.! i add up alot every week because i work there
my mom gets alot off because she shops there each week

http://www2.pricechopper.com/fueladvantedge/

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
bp they have the innovative.... is that good or should i use another gas station? i use 93

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usualy get BP.

Are you tuned for 93? your wasteing your money and causing knock...if not lol. Not good.

I use Shell/Mobil 93. In the beater..what ever 87 is cheapest :)
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the higher the octane rating the less likely it is to cause knock. Hence high octane rated fuels are required when using forced induction.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.