Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got $250 dollars and looking to add in some audio things. I have absolutely no knowledge of what parts and equipment i'll need, but my uncle can install so installation is not an issue. I need a new head unit without a doubt, because my stock unit likes to get hungry and snack on my cd's:sad:. Also, I bought my cobalt used (2 door ls) and found that the previous owner had blown the driver door speaker, and one back speaker is crackling badly. So basically, I have $250 and need a new head unit, and new speakers. No need for subs or anything. Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
well if u like music, as in hearing the WORDS not just the bass the upgrade to aftermarket speakers. taking a wild guess you could get some for 100-300 depending on quality and brand name. as for the head unit, try to get a used one of here or a salvage yard maybe for 50-100??

i personally dont like the rectanglular head units that fit into every single car so if u wana get a head unit then save up for a really nice one that is like 300 or up and fits in perfectly, plus u would probualy have to get one of those housing things for the wires or w/e (frogot the name of it) .

·
Registered
317 Posts
u can get two mmats pro audio subs for 125 each if u r good at haggling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.