Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tires were showing the belts ... ouch. So I was forced to get tires lol I had to get the cheepest possable, witch ended up bn cooper zion .. Anyone have em b4? R they that bad? Lol I guess there better then riding on my belts but nxt time ill get the ones I want. I paid 260 for everything (2 tires)

·
Registered
240 Posts
My front tires were showing the belts ... ouch. So I was forced to get tires lol I had to get the cheepest possable, witch ended up bn cooper zion .. Anyone have em b4? R they that bad? Lol I guess there better then riding on my belts but nxt time ill get the ones I want. I paid 260 for everything (2 tires)
If the tires were worn down to the steel chord, that indicates the alignment was out of specification. Did you have a four wheel alignment done? If not, get it done ASAP, or you'll be buying tires again before you want to.

What about the rear tires?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea lol. They seam to b good sofar but then again I've had bad tires sine I've owned this car lmao. What tires do u use?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that's what I had and I hated em. Lol.. I want to get the hankook I read up on a lot of reviews and they seam to b great for the prick. Got abt 9.5 out of 10 for most reviews

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea go onto directdiscounttires.com and check em out. It will b the tire saying its new to the site. There is a guy that said he lives up on a mountain and noticed a big diff n the handeling wth em.. Ps who much did it cost u and how ling (hard is it) to get the lambo doors? Lol I want to do it to mine

·
Registered
446 Posts
My dad's Astro Van had parts of the belt sticking out of his tires when he bought it from the dealer used. Last weekend one of his front tires blew out, then he put the spare on and after one minute the other front tire blows out. Talk about bad luck, no one should ever let their tires get that low, as it's a big safety hazard, and a big inconvience.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
The lambo's were not too hard, I mean it was but overrall if you know alittle of what to do(my dad and I had no instructions) its not bad, just time consuming. Took a total of about 9hrs to do it. After you get one the second is obviously alot smoother and quicker. Its hard to really talk about it with having the car right here and a kit lol. The kit I got we had to do some modifying to the kit. You definitely need tools, it doesn't take much but having power tools and a grinder came in handy for us.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea. I didn't paln on it. Lol didn't even notice it till I got out off my car wth the wheels turned

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
K. I have a buddy that can do anything wth cars lol no1 will ever b able to steel car cuz the fuel pump, lights. Radio, breaklights, wipers, and fan all hooked up on switches. Its like a airplane dash n his truck lmao/ anyways if I but him dinner and a 24 pack of beer he will help me do anything to my car lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
260 was the cheapest tires you could find:blink:

Wow, where are you shopping? my boss bought some shit ass tireds for my pick up truck they were like 55$ each, and thats for a truck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to merchents tires. The gave me a quote of 260 yesterday. I drop my car off today and they try n tell me 300 something and I was like hell no lol and threw a fit. Got my way theo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.