1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just painted my headlights what do yall think

was thinking of nite shading the reflector but maybe next time

didnt put this on thou

thought of doing it lime green but ill wait for the paint job then do that or does it look fine

just wanna get opinions

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gCobalt05 That color green would look sick if you had a green theme going.
i plan on doing a green/white/black theme but waiting on the $$$$
and my headlights are al ittle be hazy and scratched do you know of anything for that i heard of a rubbing compound called maguries or something but idk

·
Registered
575 Posts
i plan on doing a green/white/black theme but waiting on the $$$$
and my headlights are al ittle be hazy and scratched do you know of anything for that i heard of a rubbing compound called maguries or something but idk
here it's my best advice for you buddy you will need the next material
1000 grit sandpaper
2000 grit sandpaper
water container with a little car or dishes soap jut to make the water a little bit soapy.
buffer if you don't have one you can still do it by hand
rubbing compound (I'll personal recommend you mothers)
liquid wax wet looking (it's commonly use for the plastic on bikes)
sand with the 1000 grit back and forth horizontal on the headlight
then with the 2000 grit same motion but now do it vertical after you are done its going to look real dull but all the scratches and blemishes or yellow stains are going to be gone,
here is the step when the buffer comes handy, but if you don't have one a little elbow grease it's your best friend. start with the glaze rubbing compound rub it all over the headlight and let it chill like 30 seconds but don't let it completely dry and then with a dry microfiber or 100% cotton rag wipe it off it's going to look sweet at this stage but you are not done yet complete the job with the wet looking wax to protect it and give a show car finish and you are all done!!!:toung:

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
The white is awesome! you are the only other person I have seen so far to color match your headlights besides myself. I have gen 4's though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.