Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw these on ebay and thought about giving them a try as kind of an alternative to fog lights till i get a new bumper with fogs installed. what do you guys think of them?

click here

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
they wont be

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

and i dont think they will work for fogs

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
The only way the light might touch the road, is if you installed them under the car. I'd save your money for the real fogs.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
that's fine. but, they will not work as fog light replacements... unless you are going for the look of light coming from the bottom of the fascia, rather than functioning lights.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
LEDs are very poor at projecting light at this stage in the technology, hence why you don't see them used in headlamp configurations. I'd just save your money to go toward buying the projectors for the fogs.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
hence why you don't see them used in headlamp configurations.
That's true...for the most part. The Escalade has LED headlights. They're ridiculously expensive, too.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
That's true...for the most part. The Escalade has LED headlights. They're ridiculously expensive, too.
Those are a purpose built array designed with projectable light in mind. I'm talking about 9007 socket LED bulbs that some people think would be an idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have some like that on mine, and honestly, they arent really bright.. I still use them at night, give my car a different look but mostly they are only good for show.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Those are a purpose built array designed with projectable light in mind. I'm talking about 9007 socket LED bulbs that some people think would be an idea.
Oh, that, hell no :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.